Do you want to deep wash your rugs? Maybe it’s time you started thinking about a carpet washer, a device will make everything more hygienic. It’s going to be so easy if you have a portable carpet cleaner in your home.
If you think to hire a low-skilled person to clean your carpets, you could end up with a bigger mess than when you started. This is why many homeowners make the decision to clean their carpets themselves.
But this has its own pitfalls because there are many carpet cleaning machines on the market and it can be difficult to know which one is best for your situation. Do not worry. We have done the homework for you and determined the best portable carpet cleaners on the market. Here they are.
Which portable carpet cleaner is the best?
The best carpets cleaner machine that you can buy is not the cheapest on the market but the one that helps you to clean and remove stains without much effort. It is necessary that it be lightweight, rechargeable batteries and that it includes accessories to adapt it to any surface.
1. BISSELL SpotClean pro portable carpet cleaner
- Remove stains like a pro: This professional-style spot cleaner uses water, formula and powerful suction to clean and protect soft surfaces
- Clean anywhere, anytime: spray, scrub and lift spots and stains from carpets, rugs, upholstery, stairs, auto interiors and more
- Large, seperate clean and dirty water tanks result in greater cleaning capabilities with less trips to the sinks
- Includes a large stain & upholstery and a tough stain tool
This portable carpet cleaner is perfect for use at home or in the office because of its high power. Includes brush, hose and liquid detergent, so you can have a good experience in the washing and maintenance of carpets or any type of upholstery. It is a compact model, easy to operate, transport and store.
2. Vax CDCW-CSXS SpotWash
- Quickly, easily and conveniently lifts spills and stains combining powerful suction with deep cleaning.
- With two cleaning attachments designed to tackle stains and mess on different surface types, VAX SpotWash is suitable for use across carpet, upholstery, stairs and sealed hard...
- The slim design of SpotWash will comfortably fit on a step, and the 1.5m long hose allows you to easily clean further.
- Conveniently flush the hose clean after each use to help remove residual hair, dirt and debris left in the hose after cleaning.
Need to remove a tough stain from your carpets? This product is perfect for you since it has brushes that will make you remove dirt in the blink of an eye. Such features will help you clean the toughest corners of stairs and car interiors.
This appliance can be considered efficient since it does not need your tank to be filled or emptied frequently. In addition to this, this device facilitates mobility since it has a 1.5 meter long hose. Such peculiarities make it a handy carpet washer.
3. Bissell S
potclean portable carpet cleaner 36981
- Features HeatWave Technology: maintain constant water temperature throughout the cleaning process
- The 3"" tough stain tool works great on everyday spills and helps you get into your carpets tough, set-in stains
- Comes complete with 2 sample bottles of BISSELL compact carpet shampoo
- Stores ready to use for when accidents happen
Another good option of this leading brand in household products is the high-performance portable carpet cleaner, which will help you remove stains or deep spills easily. It is a great help if you have children or pets at home. It’s a bit noisy but effective.
4. Rug Doctor 93306 Portable Spot Cleaner
- Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner
- The only Portable Spot Cleaner with a motorised brush
- Twice the suction power of other comparable Spot Cleaners
- With wheels and retractable handle for extra manoeuvreability.Great cleaning machine for families and pet owners
Do you want the device you buy to perform more than one function? If so, in this device, you will find what you are looking for. Because it not only cleans the carpets thoroughly, but you can also clean the upholstery of the stairs, the furniture and your car. Therefore, it will be of great use to you.
Despite its diverse functions, such a device is easy to use. To the point where spill clean-up and drying is done in just one step. In addition to this, their tanks are easy to empty and fill since they are removable.
5. BISSELL SpotClean Pet Pro
- The BISSELL SpotClean Pet Pro is a powerful emergency spot cleaner, which quickly and easily lifts away spots, spills and stains from carpets, sofas, pet beds, cars interiors...
- Large capacity easy to fill and empty tanks - Easy grip, flat fill tanks allow for quick fill and easy empty.
- Long 1.5 m built-in hose ready for use allowing you to reach anywhere any time when & where needed.
- Easy storage - Lightweight, compact design allows storage in small spaces.
Measuring 25 x 36 x 35.6 cm, this appliance provides the necessary tools to help you clean the carpets and the debris that your pets leave on them. It has two cleaning modes: deep and fast. The first removes deep stains and the other dries.
In addition to this, this device contains the following tools: 7cm Tough Stain Tool, Stain Trapper. Such a device prevents bad odours or bacteria from forming on the carpets after collecting the faecal waste of our pets. After performing this action, wash and rinse the area until all the dirt is removed.
6. Zennox Handheld Electric Carpet & Upholstery Washer
- Easy cleaning; Remove unwanted stains and spots from carpets, rugs and upholstery
- Lightweight; Handheld, compact and weighs only 2.7 kilograms for easy use
- Deals with spills; Quick to use for removal of sudden spills, stains or marks
- Multi-purpose; Can also be used for washing and cleaning car upholstery
If you are looking for something cheaper, simple, but high performance, you can consider buying this model of portable cleaner. It is perfect to attend small accidental spots at home, car or office. The motor is 500 W.
7. OZOY 9500Pa handheld vacuums cordless
- 【9500PA Super Suction Vacuum Cleaner】 Utilizes ultra-powerful 120W motor & 14.8V lithium technology enables a fade-free 9.5kPa suction power to quickly and thoroughly...
- 【Long-Runtime and Two Modes】 Two modes, choose freely, only need one click 7500pa suction, twice click,9500PA suction. Adopts the 2020 latest intelligent power management...
- 【Durable Filter & Easy to clean 】: Recyclable handheld vacuum filter is made of 304 stainless steel/SUS304, which is durable and washable with good corrosion resistance...
- 【Cordless Design & Wet Dry 】Cordless vacuum is lightweight and portable, Wide mouth design for large debris and cyclonic action helps keep the filter clean and suction...
As it comes without cable, it is ideal for cleaning those spaces that are difficult to access and that accumulate a lot of dust. It is recommended by users because it does not weigh and you can take it wherever you want. Unlike the previous ones, it helps to have an easier and quicker emptying.
Types of carpet cleaners
Steam: A steam cleaner applies pressurized steam to your carpets, which dissolves dirt and other residues that have become embedded in the carpet fibre. This method is sometimes called “hot water extraction”. A cleaning solution is mixed with the water which is sprayed to facilitate the cleaning process. Once the steam releases the dirt and grime, the brushes move in and out. Steam cleaned carpets are usually left to dry on their own, so allow enough time for this.
Shampoo: Carpet shampoo has lost some favour lately, but it still has fans. If there is a downside to this method, it is that if the rug is not properly rinsed, a sticky residue that can be irritating to humans and pets can be left behind. Also, if some of the shampoo residues are left behind, it can very well attract dirt as it dries, leaving your rug almost as dirty as before after cleaning.
Pets: Pets are wonderful companions and important family members, but they can also be tough on carpets. No matter how well trained your pet is, accidents can happen from time to time. Many carpet cleaning machines focus their energy on targeting and eliminating animal stains and the odours that accompany them. If you have a dog or cat, you may want to look for one of these rug cleaning machines. There are many out there.
Stain Remover: Sometimes you don’t need to buy or rent a full-size carpet cleaning machine or hire the services of a professional carpet cleaner. All you have to do is remove a small stain from the carpet. To that end, there are many stain cleaners on the market that can be stored under the sink and scooted when someone knocks down a win or the dog has a wall-to-wall accident. The best stain cleaners are light, powerful and require little maintenance.
Advantages of carpet cleaners
A carpet cleaner is a machine that has two functions: one that sucks the dust and the other for washing. When cleaning, the nozzle moves back and forth, running the aforementioned systems at the same time. Therefore, they are great for removing deep stains.
Not all carpet washers have the hot water and steam function. This fact somewhat limits their cleaning efficiency. On the other hand, keep in mind that some models cannot clean different surfaces. Thus, if you require your product to be multifunctional, check that before buying.
To make the best choice of a carpet cleaner, various aspects must be taken into account that will help determine which is the most convenient:
Waste tank capacity
Whether it is a truck mounted carpet cleaner or a standard model, there must be a waste tank to collect the dirt and debris removed from the carpet during the cleaning process cleaning. The larger the material container, the less often you will need to empty it. On the other hand, if the waste tank of a standard carpet cleaner is too large, this will affect the mobility of the machine. The main thing is to look for a waste tank which will not need to be emptied every 10 minutes, but which will not become so heavy that it will slow you down. It is important that the tanks are removable so that you can throw all the accumulated dirt.
Weight at full capacity
This relates to what we have just mentioned about the transport around the waste tank when it is full. Adding a cleaning solution to any of the aforementioned carpet cleaners will add 2 to 8 kg to the weight of the machine. When this solution is returned to the carpet cleaner filled with dirt and debris, it will be even heavier. You should, therefore, be aware of the amount of liquid you are going to move. Remember that the curb weight is not the weight you will have to bear when you use it.
The cleaning solution
Cleaning solutions can be quite expensive, so you have to be careful when choosing one. The manufacturers of the various machines almost all produce their own cleaning solutions which they consider to be the best to use with their machines. But it doesn’t work like that actually. The metal and plastic collection called “carpet cleaning machine” doesn’t care which brand of the cleaning solution you choose. So the most important thing is to make sure you choose the one that suits your type of carpet, no matter who makes it.
It may be a little easier to run the carpet cleaner with a short hose. But if your carpet stretches to remote locations, this little garden hose may not be enough to get the job done. Before setting up on a machine, carefully examine your carpet and determine if a short hose is enough to reach each corner or if a longer hose is needed. You don’t want to end up with dirty nooks that you couldn’t reach.
Cleaning multiple surfaces?
Generally, a machine designed to clean several surfaces must be approached with a little more caution, simply because it is sometimes a handyman and a machine which is not made for that. In addition, these versatile machines sometimes cost more than just a carpet machine. So you need to ask yourself in advance if you need all the extra features or if a carpet cleaner machine alone is enough.
When it comes to talking about a carpet washer, it must be capable of doing any cleaning. Therefore, if you want to clean things that go beyond the usual, selecting one with a different function than the usual ones is the best you can do.
Washes rugs with an antibacterial brush: Devices that have this type of function prevent the growth of bacteria. This makes them ideal models for those with pets since it can eliminate any trace of faecal waste. This function is more common in steam carpet washers.
Washes rugs without an antibacterial brush: These models can have a steam function or only be dry cleaning. Despite performing their cleaning work exceptionally, these devices do not eliminate bad odours or prevent the growth of bacteria.
How to use a carpet cleaner?
Among the Bissell carpet cleaners, it is very common that all are used in the same way due to their manufacture in search of ease by the consumer. A set of instructions for the use of these devices is included in the products that Bissell offers and ships to its customers.
Once the instructions for assembling the appliance are followed, the power buttons automatically provide users with the entire operation of the carpet cleaner.
Usage tracking will then depend on the speciality of the model in question. With respect to steam carpet cleaners, the tanks must be progressively filled with water to facilitate cleaning the carpet, although the Bissell models are designed so that this activity is reduced to optimize user time. For models designed to vacuum pet hair, activating the lights via the power button will let shoppers know where to vacuum most often.
Bissell vacuum cleaner models have the possibility of interchanging the modes depending on the surface being cleaned. To make this change in modalities, it is necessary to consider that the different types of carpet cleaners have mechanisms that are not the same as the rest of the models, so this will depend on the instructions indicated on the boxes where the vacuum cleaners are stored.