Omega 3 supplements are very beneficial for the well-being of the body both outside and inside. It helps all the body’s systems, the respiratory system, improves the heart rate and maintains stable levels of it, vitalizes the heart, bones, brain, helps the recovery and creation of neurons, memory, detoxification, maintains blood cholesterol, heart function, protect cells from oxidative stress, improvement in brain functions and vision.
What is the best omega 3 supplement?
When talking about fish oil, one usually thinks of the characteristic smell of the marine animal.
However, the presentations of this oil as medicine are prepared to prevent reflux with an unpleasant taste.
The benefits of fish oil are many and for the whole family. Buying a supplement is a simple task, and with the following comparison list, we want to show you excellent options:
1. Igennus Healthcare Nutrition Omega 3 Supplement
If you take these capsules you can be sure of enjoying many health benefits, as long as you take them daily. If you take them occasionally the benefits will be much less and you will hardly notice them.
The capsules have been prepared for a simple intake and to facilitate the digestion of the person who takes them. This makes it easier for the body to absorb Omega3 and consequently make the most of the pills.
2. Nu U Nutrition 1000 mg fish oil
Product with 365 capsules easy to ingest, 1000mg, for prolonged consumption.
Produced and produced in the United Kingdom, and meets high-quality standards. It does not contain milk, lactose, soy, gluten, wheat or yeast.
The capsules have no flavour and will not generate reflux or unpleasant fishy taste.
3. AAVALABS Vegan Omega 3
If you are a vegan person, this option will come in handy. These capsules will offer you the Omega 3 that your body needs directly from the algae. This means that no animal has suffered to offer you these benefits.
To obtain this type of oil from the algae, means are used that do not harm the environment at any time. In addition, it also includes EPA and DHA to take care of your heart.
When buying this variety of capsules, you should know that they are for sale in a package of 120 capsules. You just have to choose the one that interests you the most.
4. Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega 3 supplement 1000MG
This supplement of 180 soft gels of 1000 mg, each, is ideal for all types of people who want to maintain their normal triglyceride levels.
Its consumption is recommended, and in the opinion of regulars to its intake, it is widely used by athletes.
The biggest novelty of this presentation is that it does not require refrigeration and thanks to its good quality, it is long lasting.
You will not feel the fishy taste in your mouth.
5. Iron Ore Health fish oil 2000 mg
If you are looking for power in terms of nutritional value, this supplement is ideal for you.
Each capsule contains 2000 mg of fish oil with 1100 mg of Omega 3, that is 3 to 4 times more than other presentations on the market.
It helps to balance modern diets loaded with Omega 6 for 6 months in a row, thanks to its 180 capsules.
6. Xellerate Nutrition Omega 3 365 soft gels
Excellent less expensive supplement with other presentations, with a total of 1,000 mg of fish oil.
It has a combination of Omega 3, 6, 9 in a single soft gel capsule, so it is easy to swallow. It contains EPA and DHA that contributes to normal heart function.
The package contains 365
7. NutriZing Omega 3 Boost
The multivitamin also contains sunflower and flaxseed oil.
It is ideal for skin and hair. It is manufactured in the United Kingdom. It is distributed under the rules of the HACCP.
With this product, you will not suffer from side effects, and you will see results very fast. This presentation has 90 capsules, which will yield for 3 months.
8. Livoa Vital – OMEGA 3 Krill oil
If you are looking for an ally to combat stress, this product is ideal for you. It contains krill and eicosapentaenoic (AEP), and docosahexaenoic acid (ADH).
It is a medicine rich in antioxidants, krill oil 8 times more potent than similar fish oils.
It has a French certification that guarantees its quality and benefits.
9. Omega 3 capsules Simply Supplements
In comparison with other supplements, this one has a high content of EPA (350mg), DHA (250mg) so in each capsule, you take 2 capsules of other similar presentations.
It does not include fatty acids such as Omega 6, 9, or other types of oils such as flaxseed or sunflower.
It is a complete product, with which you will notice improvements in your blood pressure, dry eyes, and many more.
10. Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000mg
Why is it necessary to take Omega 3 supplements?
This oil of animal origin is of great importance to maintain good health and physical performance.
While it is true that can be achieved in some foods, especially in fish, taking supplements can help improve the condition of the arteries, reducing the development of clots, and lower triglyceride levels.
It plays a crucial role in the functioning of the brain and the heart. In fact, a significant portion of the brain and heart tissue are made up of it.
It also promotes the health of the skin, joints and hair, as well as the immune system. It has been found that these fats are critical for normal growth and development in children.
Its benefits are many, so it is easy to see why they are quickly becoming one of the most researched topics in the scientific community, and one of the supplements most often recommended by health professionals.
Benefits of Omega 3 Supplements
Due to their powerful ability to reduce inflammation, they have been linked to the prevention and treatment of a whole series of health problems, including heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, arthritis, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s, lupus, multiple sclerosis, ADHD, asthma, migraines.
- Skin conditions:the benefits of these oils include the improvement of all types of skin diseases, providing relief for ailments such as acne, eczema and psoriasis. The anti-inflammatory properties also minimize the damage caused due to overexposure to the sun.
- Depression and mental conditions: they are excellent elevators of the
humour, helping to alleviate the depression, schizophrenia, the bipolar upheaval, ADD and ADHD.
In fact, the evidence has become so convincing that some experts in the field are encouraging anyone suffering from depression to take an adequate intake and prescribed by a specialist.
- Promotion of healthy cell membranes and prevention of cancer:each cell of the body is surrounded by a cell membrane composed mainly of fatty acids. The main work of the cell membrane is to allow nutrients to enter the cell, and ensures that the waste products are eliminated quickly.
To perform these functions optimally, the cell membrane must maintain its integrity and fluidity. Because they are formed by fat, their stability is largely determined by the type of oil consumed.
Oil-rich diets are used to produce healthier cell membranes.
Cells without a healthy membrane lose their ability to retain water and vital nutrients and lose their ability to communicate with other cells. The researchers believe that this loss of intercellular communication leads to the growth of cancerous tumors.
Studies in animals have already shown that a diet high in this natural component can slow the growth of the tumor, and people who follow a Mediterranean diet, have been shown to be much less likely to develop cancer. This includes the most common types of cancer: breast, colon and prostate cancer.
- Cardiovascular problems: Omega 3, DHA and EPA oils promote the manufacture of prostaglandins responsible for the dilation of blood vessels, which reduces blood pressure and the prevention of heart disease.
- Rheumatoid arthritis:the anti-inflammatory properties of fish oils containing EPA and DHA help reduce the sensitivity, pain and stiffness of the joints associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Allergies and asthma:studies show that increasing the intake of the supplement by mothers during pregnancy can protect babies against the development of allergies.
They also protect against the symptoms of hay fever, sinus infections, asthma, food allergies and allergic skin conditions such as hives and eczema.
Omega 3 benefits for women
From menstrual cramps to the symptoms of menopause, infertility and breast cancer, omega 3 has been shown to benefit women of all ages. These are some specific examples:
- Infertility and premature birth:when pregnant women increase their intake of these oils, the risk of premature birth is up to 50 percent less frequent.
The development of the fetal brain also benefits from these supplements. Mothers who make these oils part of their diet decrease their risk of postpartum depression.
- Menopause:fatty acids can help many of the problems related to menopause.
Low levels of this powerful group of oils in the blood are associated with inflammation, which is the underlying cause of many health problems associated with menopause: osteoporosis, heart disease, vaginal dryness, thinning of the skin and hair, and pain in the joints.
It can also help reduce this inflammation. Its benefits may be one of the reasons why Japanese women, whose diets are rich in fish, seaweed and soy, have fewer menopausal problems than American women.
- Menstrual discomforts: Scientists have found a correlation between increased menstrual pain and low blood levels.
Types of Omega 3 fatty acids
As for the Omega 3 types, there are 3 main types with similar functions, but also with specific uses:
- EPA (eicosapentaenoic):this type is found mainly in fish, fortified foods, some brands of eggs and orange juice, fish oil supplements that you can buy without a prescription, and prescription fish oil. EPA helps decrease inflammation in the body.
- DHA (docosahexaenoic):this type is also found in: fish, fortified foods, in eggs and orange juice, fish oil supplements that you can buy without a prescription, prescription fish oil and algae supplements. DHA is essential for brain health and function.
- ALA (alpha-linolenic): itis contained in nuts, chia seeds and flax seeds. It is also found in vegetable oils such as canola oil, soybean oil, flaxseed oil. The body converts ALA to its most active forms EPA and DHA, but only in small amounts.
Types of Omega 3 supplements
There is substantial evidence that the 3 fatty acids are vital to your health. The EPA and DHA in fish oil are the subjects of thousands of studies that clearly show the cardiovascular benefits and the reduction of mortality by consuming them regularly. In general, the typical diets of modern days lack healthy fats.
Today, we are consuming a lot of omega 6 fats, largely through vegetable oils such as corn and soybeans. An imbalance of omega 3 and omega 6 in the diet leads to inflammation, which contributes to the onset of degenerative diseases. Supplements, therefore, can help restore balance.
It is made from several species of cold water fish, such as anchovies, herring, cod and salmon. There is no distinct advantage to one over the other. What is more important is the care taken through the process of distilling and purifying the oil. An exception is cod liver oil. Many cod liver oil products have a poor balance of vitamin A vs. vitamin D.
The Environmental Defense Fund, an environmental group, examined the products of 75 companies that produce these supplements. They found that almost all of them are purified well enough to meet strict safety standards for contaminants such as mercury and dioxins.
What is krill? It is a small marine animal and one of the best sources of essential fatty acids. Krill oil supplements include the same well-known essential fatty acids that are obtained from fish, EPA and DHA, as well as other antioxidants that are not obtained from shellfish.
Together with plankton, krill is the largest biomass on the planet, one of the most easily renewable food resources available. Among its benefits are:
- Better absorption than fish oil.
- Additional antioxidants, including astaxanthin.
- More stable and resistant to rancidity.
- There are no fish remains or belching problems.
Flaxseed oil is the oil obtained from flax seeds. Flaxseed oil supplements are very rich in fatty acid, and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA).
For vegetarians who want to get the recommended dose of beneficial oils from plant sources, flax seeds or flaxseed oil supplements are an option, although they are probably not as beneficial as chia seeds, hemp seeds or supplements.
Most of the research that demonstrates the benefits of Omega 3 has focused on animal fats DHA and EPA.
We know that ALA can be converted to EPA and DHA in the body, but only in very small amounts (around 10 percent). For this reason, vegetarian sources would not be recommended to obtain the same nutritious amount of the 3 oils, unless you are committed to being a strict vegetarian.
How to choose the best Omega 3 supplement?
On the basis of all the tests to test the effectiveness and its benefits, it certainly makes sense to supplement the diet with an intake of excellent fish oil. But, how could you be sure if the supplement you choose is really good, and also if it will be optimal for your body.
When you look for the best supplement, make your choice based on the following criteria:
- Use marine-based supplements instead of plant sources.
- Choose products from reputable manufacturers’ brands. Avoid going to cheap drug stores and generic brands. Many of these drugs have unknown levels of toxins and contaminants.
- Look for oils that have been purified by molecular distillation, to ensure that the product is free of mercury and other contaminants
- Always use medications before the expiration date.
- Remember that these oils are highly sensitive to damage caused by heat, light and oxygen. Choose a certified organic product that is packaged in a dark brown or green glass jar or bottle and be sure to store the product in your refrigerator or freezer.
- Buy presentations in small bottles and store them in your refrigerator.
Note: keep in mind when buying a supplement, that it says it is 100% fish oil.
Unless you want to take it combined with another type of vitamins or nutrients, the purity of the product will guarantee its benefits.