For a restful and healthy rest it is important to have the best mattress protector, which prevents the stains and particles from breaking the integrity of its surface. In the market there are many interesting options, made with high technology to fulfill its function.
Some are inexpensive, but their cost can be increased according to the materials and qualities they bring together; such as the reversible option and a perfect air flow.
If you are going to make the purchase of this article, check the comparative that I have prepared so that you can bring the best one and you can use it at any time of the year.
What is the best mattress protector?
There is nothing like choosing a mattress cover that has the ability to provide protection against liquids, in addition to the accumulation of microorganisms that commonly affect the health of people. Therefore they are recommended in case of immunological complications.
The best one will be the one that is easy to put on and take off, besides that it can be washed without deterioration. Also, it is important that you do not generate heat or discomfort due to the characteristics of your materials. Your ability to adjust and adhere should also be a guarantee that resting does not become a terrible headache.
1. MALOUF Waterproof Mattress Protector
It is a quality item that will allow you to protect your mattress for a long time. Among its features, it is waterproof, anti-allergic and soft, because it is made of cotton. It is easy to clean because you can wash it and dry it by machine. With a guarantee of 15 years.
2. Elastic mattress protector Lucid
Resistant and durable
You can select the preferred size and with the purchase of a product of this brand you will take home an elastic, antiperspirant and hypoallergenic mattress cover. Being made of polyester does not produce sound with movement and can be washed or vacuumed. Bring a zipper to place or remove easily.
3. Natural fiber mattress protector Pikolin Home
Taking home this mattress pad will be a great investment. It belongs to a line of products made with materials resistant to moisture and with antibacterial protection. It is recommended by its buyers because it fits perfectly without leaving the annoying wrinkles and does not generate heat. Economical and functional
4. Lumaland microfiber mattress cover
Comfortable and robust
It is a simple way to protect the mattress against mites that come from dust and daily use. It is very sought by allergic people because it allows them a comfortable and protected sleep. The corners have a special elastic na that will allow to keep the protector rigid. The best thing is that it can be adapted to any size of mattress.
5. Homfy ecological mattress cover
Perfect for children
If you thought you had seen it all, check this mattress protector to which the manufacturer included bamboo fiber among its clothing materials, in order to offer its customers a waterproof, anti mite and soft product. You will always have a clean bed because you can wash frequently.
6. Mattress cover with maximum protection Dreamzie
It is a great mattress protector made of soft cotton and with a technique called Bi – Ome that allows to block sweat, urinate or any liquid that spills on the bed. It is not toxic and is perfect for people suffering from allergies. It adapts to any size of mattress.
Benefits of using a mattress protector
Mattress protectors have great benefits among which we can highlight:
- They keep their surface clean: Prevents the appearance of spots, in addition to the accumulation of dust, fungal spores, pet dander and human skin cells.
- Avoid allergies and asthma: As they are hypoallergenic they prevent allergies and asthma, pathologies linked to the accumulation of dust in sheets and mattresses.
- They insulate the humidity: In case of sweat, fluids or incontinence, these protectors prevent the mattress from getting wet or dirty. The best thing is that they are removed, washed and reused.
What to look for when choosing a mattress protector?
- Daily use: It can be used every day and periodically because it is a breathable and washable product. The mattress will be protected from any dirt and its duration will be longer.
- Anti-fluids and spills: It is perfect for the beds of children and adults who do not control sphincters because it has the property to prevent liquids from being absorbed by the mattress.
- Avoid allergies: Their fabrics with antibacterial power are made to prevent the appearance and reproduction of the most common microorganisms that produce allergies.
- Temperature control: As most are made of latex and wool, both materials offer the quality of maintaining an average temperature. There is no risk of heat or cold increase and sleep will be pleasant. Almost all can be used in any season of the year.
- Comfort: They are undoubtedly an ally for your bed is a little more padded and with a maximum of comfort.
- Types: There are three options in the market. The first is the one that manages to cover perfectly the four sides of the mattress and comes with a zipper that seals the protection. The second is similar to a sheet that fits in all four corners. The third is a simple coverage for the surface and tied with elastic strips.
- Size: Some come according to the size of the mattress while others are adjustable to any width and length.
- Fabric: The most common is to find them in cotton, polyester and spandex. Those that are waterproof include TPU or PVC polyurethane.
- Care: It is important to read the instructions to know if it is suitable for washing and drying by machine. Also, you can apply good hygiene with the help of the vacuum cleaner. There are those who wash it and dry it under the sun. It will always be cheaper to maintain the protective cover than the constant change of mattress.