When you exercise constantly or have suffered injuries, having the best massage ball on hand is always a salvation.
These accessories are extremely useful if you want to relieve tension and stress accumulated by an exhausting and essential work if you are athletes and demand from your body an increasing performance.
In my case, it worked for both. I work up to 12 hours a day sitting in front of the computer and when I go out to the office, I usually try to leave all those minutes of sedentary life in weight routines and devices.
It’s not the first time that I’ve been injured or left dusty, so one of these has been practically a gift from heaven every time I’ve needed it.
The important thing is that you keep in mind which is the most necessary and useful for your case and select one that fits your requirements and economic possibilities.
What is the best massage ball?
When selecting there is a group of characteristics and details to take into account so that you can take the best one.
The first thing is that it should be a light and easy to carry product, then you should take into account details such as size and weight, it is important that you have clear the use that you will give the part of the body that you wish to work.
If you are already determined to buy a look at the available offer, there is never anything else. It is important that you check cost, quality, manufacturers and select accordingly. A ball is different to massage sore muscles that one to treat injuries.
An expensive ball is not necessarily the solution, but you should also be careful with low prices because they are usually a double-edged sword. Consult the opinion of other users can be of great help
If you still have some doubts, maybe this list will help you choose the most appropriate for you.
1. Defining Strength – Massage ball
Soft and resistant
Solid and durable rubber, these massage balls are a perfect product for gymnasts, athletes, athletes and people who practice yoga or pilates, since it will help you eliminate knots, muscle tension and will serve to relieve ailments.
They are of good quality and are used in yoga therapy.
2. Jill Miller Massage Therapy Body Kit
Like a professional massage
If you belong to the group of athletes who do exercises, pilates and all kinds of training and then finish dust, then this ball will be of great help.
This kit brings you various routines that will help you to relax and dissipate the muscular pains and tensions, benefiting your health.
3. Blackroll massage and ball game roll exercises
You will increase the flexibility of the body
Ideal for relaxation and to restore mobility and flexibility in injured muscles and areas, this Blackroll brand product is what you were looking for to relieve muscle tension.
It is an affordable, light and easy to carry product that will help you restore muscle power.
4. Trigger Point Performance – Foam massage ball
Ideal for small muscles
To relieve muscle tension in areas of difficult access such as the neck, calves and shoulders, just put this little ball in these areas and do the corresponding massage.
It is ideal to treat injuries such as plantar fasciitis, it is also the least expensive product of the selection.
5. Massage balls – Package of 3. Maximum Fitness
Fantastic to increase blood circulation
This kit brings you three different types of balls, whose sizes and shapes are ideal for massaging the feet, shoulders, arms and back, they have different densities and hardness and they provide a real relief to injuries.
They are good for myofascial treatment and, in addition, it is an economical kit.
How to choose the best massage ball?
To select a good massage ball it is important that you take into account a series of factors that are of interest to obtain not only a good product, but the accessory that will bring you the benefits that you need either in the increase of muscle power or in the treatment of injuries. Therefore, before buying it is necessary that you verify:
- Size: Depending on the type of massage you need, you can choose between different ball sizes. Manufacturers will offer variety, with which you can make a comparison you can stay with what you find most convenient. For example, for feet, hands and forearm, you should try with ones that are the size of a golf ball or lacrosse, ie with a diameter of between 42 and 66 mm. If you use the ball for massage in hamstrings, upper and lower back, buttocks, deltoids, neck then here the best size is that of lacrosse, tennis or baseball. Their diameters are, respectively, 63 mm, 67 mm and 73 mm. If it is for the chest and shoulders, a diameter of 100 mm or one inch is ideal.
- Weight: the more weight the ball has, the more likely it is to remain in the same place it was placed, so a solid ball is a good choice, the hollows also deflate quickly and do not do the job properly. The heavier the ball, the higher the price.
- Shape: Although there is variety in terms of preferences and in the market you will find pointed round shapes or with holes or protuberances, the most experts recommend the use of soft, round and smooth balls as a way to relieve tension, reduce stress and relax muscles
- Grip: This detail is extremely important because, with a good grip, the ball will not slide on the wall, floor or skin and, consequently, you will provide an optimal massage. The natural rubber balls, similar to those used for the practice of lacrosse are those that have better grip.
- Hardness: Generally this is measured with an instrument called a durometer that uses the shore scale. The softer balls have a shore hardness of A40, while a conventional lacrosse ball has a shore hardness of C60. This, of course, will depend on the type of message you want to provide and if you have an injury to treat. Each part of the body responds better to a different hardness and while improving the flexibility of your tissues a harder ball will suit you, obviously if you have some injury a softer will make the difference.
Benefits of using massage balls
There are lots of benefits you can get when using a massage ball. Even when doing a test among those who use this product you will find that they get faster improvements in injuries and faster recovery in muscle power. Here we explain in detail some of these benefits:
- Physiotherapy at home:Given the qualities that massage balls have shown for the relief of tension, stress, muscle pain and injuries, if you get used to using them regularly you will be providing immediate relief without having to go with a professional physiotherapist. If you are too stressed by overwork or you have a lot of stress after training, having one of these at home will come with knobs to make a massage to help you improve.
- A deep level of muscle relaxation:when you train hard your muscles are affected and exhausted. After a long session of exercises one of these balls can revitalize you completely reducing inflammation, relieving pain and relaxing.
- A masseuse wherever you are:the best, without a doubt, of this useful and singular invention is that it is veryportable and, therefore, easy to carry everywhere. Given its qualities is the equivalent of taking a massage therapist wherever you go. If you want to relieve muscle tension in the office, when leaving the gym it is only a matter of throwing him in a bag and you will always have it with you.
- Increase blood flow:to keep the muscles and connective tissue hydrated, the massage balls will come from knobs, this is because by eliminating muscle tension and knots you will be allowing better blood flow and, consequently, better circulation. This is also an advantage because as long as you have good circulation you will heal faster from the injuries and you will recover more quickly the workouts.
- Improves the range of movement:If you regularly perform muscle strengthening exercises , often that effort can limit or decrease your range of motion while passing the post-training effect. A massage with this ball will help you to unfold them, eliminate the adhesions in the fascia and surrounding tissue, helping you to move with greater freedom.
- Reduces muscle pain:By increasing circulation and relieving muscle tension you will be reducing pain. A good massage will improve blood flow which will help you recover faster. If that accompanies you with an adequate diet that allows you to obtain the best amount of nutrients, your muscles will recover faster from training and, consequently, they will be less sore.