We’ve been working on the best massage ball list for hours! Our team tested and compared the best models from various brands and selected 10 massage ball with the best quality/price ratios.
People who have no idea of myofascial massage ball will not be able to quickly choose the best product. There are hundreds of products from various brands and you can’t compare them all by yourself. We recommend that you make the task easier using our help. Read our buying guide and choose from our list of the best myofascial massage ball.
What is the best massage ball?
When selecting there is a group of characteristics and details to take into account so that you can take the best one.
The first thing is that it should be a light and easy to carry product, then you should take into account details such as size and weight, it is important that you have clear the use that you will give the part of the body that you wish to work.
If you are already determined to buy a look at the available offer, there is never anything else. It is important that you check cost, quality, manufacturers and select accordingly. A ball is different to massage sore muscles that one to treat injuries.
An expensive ball is not necessarily the solution, but you should also be careful with low prices because they are usually a double-edged sword. Consult the opinion of other users can be of great help
If you still have some doubts, maybe this list will help you choose the most appropriate for you.
1. Defining Strength – Massage ball
Solid and durable rubber, these massage balls are a perfect product for gymnasts, athletes, athletes and people who practice yoga or pilates, since it will help you eliminate knots, muscle tension and will serve to relieve ailments.
They are of good quality and are used in yoga therapy.
2. Jill Miller Massage Therapy Body Kit
If you belong to the group of athletes who do exercises, pilates and all kinds of training and then finish dust, then this ball will be of great help.
This kit brings you various routines that will help you to relax and dissipate the muscular pains and tensions, benefiting your health.
3. Blackroll massage and ball game roll exercises
Ideal for relaxation and to restore mobility and flexibility in injured muscles and areas, this Blackroll brand product is what you were looking for to relieve muscle tension.
It is an affordable, light and easy to carry massage ball that will help you restore muscle power.
4. Trigger Point Performance – Foam massage ball
To relieve muscle tension in areas of difficult access such as the neck, calves and shoulders, just put this little ball in these areas and do the corresponding massage.
It is ideal to treat injuries such as plantar fasciitis, it is also the least expensive product of the selection.
5. Massage balls – Package of 3. Maximum Fitness
This kit brings you three different types of balls, whose sizes and shapes are ideal for massaging the feet, shoulders, arms and back, they have different densities and hardness and they provide real relief to injuries. They are good for myofascial treatment and, in addition, it is an economical kit.
6. Physix Gear Massage Balls
Ideal for children and adults, this massage ball is made for athletes and ordinary people. With this ball, you can stimulate a whole bunch of muscles. It helps to increase the flexibility of the body and performs massages on several points of the body. Besides, doctors, chiropractors and pain specialists recommend it.
What is a massage ball?
A massage ball is a small ball the size of a tennis ball sometimes and usually made of silicone. You still have to exert pressure alone with these balls. But, it remains a very good method for self-massage and you will see why you should buy it without further delay.
Benefits of using massage balls
There are lots of benefits you can get when using a massage ball. Even when doing a test among those who use this product you will find that they get faster improvements in injuries and a faster recovery in muscle power. Here we explain in detail some of these benefits:
- Physiotherapy at home the qualities that massage balls have shown for the relief of tension, stress, muscle pain and injuries, if you get used to using them regularly you will be providing immediate relief without having to go with a professional physiotherapist. If you are too stressed by overwork or you have a lot of stress after training, having one of these at home will come with knobs to make a to help you improve.
- A deep level of muscle relaxation you train hard your muscles are affected and exhausted. After a long session of one of these balls can revitalize you completely reducing inflammation, relieving pain and relaxing.
- A masseuse wherever you are best, without a doubt, of this useful and singular invention is that it is very portable and, therefore, easy to carry everywhere. Given its qualities is the equivalent of taking a massage therapist wherever you go. If you want to relieve muscle tension in the office, when leaving the gym it is only a matter of throwing him in a bag and you will always have it with you.
- Increase blood flow keep the muscles and connective tissue hydrated, the massage balls will come from knobs, this is because by eliminating muscle tension and knots you will be allowing better blood flow and, consequently, better circulation. This is also an advantage because as long as you have good circulation you will heal faster from the injuries and you will recover more quickly the workouts.
- Improves the range of movement you regularly perform muscle strengthening often that effort can limit or decrease your range of motion while passing the post-training effect. A massage with this ball will help you to unfold them, eliminate the adhesions in the fascia and surrounding tissue, helping you to move with greater freedom.
- Reduces muscle pain increasing circulation and relieving muscle tension you will be reducing pain. A good massage will improve blood flow which will help you recover faster. If that accompanies you with an adequate diet that allows you to obtain the best amount of nutrients, your muscles will recover faster from training and, consequently, they will be less sore.
How to choose the best massage ball?
To select a good massage ball it is important that you take into account a series of factors that are of interest to obtain not only a good product but the accessory that will bring you the benefits that you need either in the increase of muscle power or in the treatment of injuries. Therefore, before buying it is necessary that you verify:
Depending on the type of massage you need, you can choose between different ball sizes. Manufacturers will offer variety, with which you can make a comparison you can stay with what you find most convenient. For example, for feet, hands and forearm, you should try with ones that are the size of a golf ball or lacrosse, ie with a diameter of between 42 and 66 mm. If you use the ball for massage in hamstrings, upper and lower back, buttocks, deltoids, neck then here the best size is that of lacrosse, tennis or baseball. Their diameters are, respectively, 63 mm, 67 mm and 73 mm. If it is for the chest and shoulders, a diameter of 100 mm or one inch is ideal.
The more weight the ball has, the more likely it is to remain in the same place it was placed, so a solid ball is a good choice, the hollows also deflate quickly and do not do the job properly. The heavier the ball, the higher the price.
Although there is variety in terms of preferences and in the market you will find pointed round shapes or with holes or protuberances, the most experts recommend the use of soft, round and smooth balls as a way to relieve tension, reduce stress and relax muscles
This detail is extremely important because, with a good grip, the ball will not slide on the wall, floor or skin and, consequently, you will provide an optimal massage. The natural rubber balls, similar to those used for the practice of lacrosse are those that have better grip.
Generally, this is measured with an instrument called a durometer that uses the shore scale. The softer balls have a shore hardness of A40, while a conventional lacrosse ball has a shore hardness of C60. This, of course, will depend on the type of message you want to provide and if you have an injury to treat. Each part of the body responds better to a different hardness and while improving the flexibility of your tissues a harder ball will suit you, obviously if you have some injury a softer will make the difference.
How to use massage ball?
Identify the painful area, sometimes the pain radiates and localizes in different places, we can massage a set of muscles at the same time or stay focused on a specific point.
Position yourself against a wall or lie on the ground and block the ball between the wall / the ground and the area you are going to massage.
Go back and forth from top to bottom or from left to right, the more you press against the support the more the pressure will be painful. It’s up to you to dose, to alternate fluid pressure and more intense pressure. If you feel the muscle rolling under the ball, you can stay in static pressure for a few seconds and then relax.
Using breathing, inhaling and exhaling deeply during the massage, it will help you to relax.
If the pain is severe, first roll the ball around the area to gradually relax the muscle.
You can practice a self-massage every day, between two sports sessions or after a day of work.
Choose small rigid picot massage balls that allow you to massage in-depth but also in a softer way by remaining on the surface without pressing, which stimulates and drains the fascias. A softer tennis ball will also do the trick.
The small balls make it possible to locate a very precise place and to massage in more detail the back without pressing on the spinal column.