Every year thousands of people look for opinions and recommendations on choosing a greenhouse. So we decided to help everyone who wants to choose the best greenhouse that meets their specific needs.
We did long research, looking at the pros and cons of the best models on the market to save you time in choosing the right one for you.
What are the best greenhouses?
We spent hours researching, analyzing and selecting garden greenhouses to compile this guide and recommend the most suitable ones for users. Read more and learn all about the 5 best models.
Palram Mythos 6×8 ft Silver Greenhouse
This elegant, functional and solid model is without a doubt a favourite in the high-class category! With an area of 48 square feet, it offers you generous space for gardening all year round.
Its structure is a classic type with polycarbonate walls and an aluminium frame. The delicacy and superior quality of the materials offer remarkable light transmission.
The greenhouse is equipped with two doors and windows for perfect ventilation control. Also, at the user’s request, it can be fitted with a dormer for better ventilation.
Overwinter your plants, tropical crops, seedlings and vegetables. Greenhouses Palram Mythos will do the job without any problems. Keep in mind that you will need a heating system if you use it on cold winter days.
The door can be mounted on the left or the right. It is also equipped with a reamer that allows you to lock it.
Despite its size, this greenhouse can be light for strong gusts of wind. Good anchoring is an essential precaution.
Installing a greenhouse of this type and size requires good organization. Take the trouble to prepare the base in advance.
Once assembled, Palram Mythos has a classic but attractive design, especially since the coatings are quite neat. The bad thing is that no kit comes with shelves.
The Fellie Garden Greenhouse Polycarbonate
With 48 square feet, the greenhouse Fellie is an ally of the smaller gardens. Of course, it can be used to overwinter your plants and create an optimal climate for growing seedlings, flowers, fruit trees, and more.
Its metallic and polycarbonate structure provides remarkable light transmission. Suffice it to say that this model has nothing to envy other more expensive models!
Fellie is designed with care to combine the practical and the aesthetic. Its house-like structure gives it a perfect appearance.
It has a door that provides good ventilation. Its polycarbonate panels, treated against UV rays, are distinguished by their resistance.
The whole main structure is made of aluminium. Beautiful and functional, this greenhouse is specially designed to last a long time.
It is strongly recommended to be mounted on a well-levelled and fixed wooden frame because even if the structure offers good stability, it may not withstand strong gusts of wind. You can also install it on a concrete base if you are sure of the location – it will be the most stable in any case.
Passionate gardeners can choose additional equipment for the greenhouse, including an automatic opening system for ventilation or a heating system, but additional changes to the construction itself may be needed.
Cimiva 12x7x7 FT Large Greenhouse
If you want to install a greenhouse in your garden without spending too much money, here is a greenhouse that can meet your expectations. Cimiva is a polyethene greenhouse with a solid frame.
The frame includes everything you need for the assembly itself. It is designed from aluminium pipes to prevent corrosion.
This model is quite easy to assemble, especially if 2 people are involved in the task.
It is suitable for growing fruits, vegetables and flowers. It has 6 side windows that can be rolled up so you can ventilate it.
The Cimiva is a traditional greenhouse, nothing very special, but its dimensions of 12 by 7 FT make it quite discreet in your garden. Also, the advantage of this greenhouse model is its lightweight and is, therefore, easier to transport.
In short, this is a good choice if you are looking for a traditional cheap and discreet greenhouse.
Palram Nature Series Mythos Hobby Greenhouse
The Palram Nature greenhouse is distinguished above all by its excellent design. Its aluminium structure and transparent polycarbonate walls with a thickness of 4 mm are ideal for ensuring good resistance of the elements and the transmission of the sun.
This greenhouse will be even stronger as it is based on an aluminium frame, a material known to be corrosion resistant.
This functional and compact greenhouse offers you 48 sq. feet of space to accommodate your crops. With its door opening in the ceiling and gutter, it combines practical and aesthetic perfection.
Assembling this greenhouse is not very complicated, but it is almost impossible to install by one person due to its structure and materials.
Be sure to prepare the surface before installation. The soil must be perfectly flat so that you can enjoy your greenhouse more safely.
The Palram Nature greenhouse offers excellent value for money. With its aluminium structure and delicate coatings, it is also discreet and aesthetic.
Note that it is sold without shelves. It is, therefore, necessary to provide an additional budget for accessories that must be purchased separately.
Outsunny Mini Tomato Garden Greenhouse
This model is perfectly suitable for small gardens. Its capacity is small, but this does not interfere with the quality of the product.
Made of powder-coated steel frame, resistant to moisture and rust. Covered with PVC, a classic for garden greenhouses at low prices.
Its installation is quite simple. A simple and practical fixing system allows the nylon to be fixed to the frame. The door is rolled up and tied easily, which gives good ventilation.
You can add shelves for pots, as well as store tall plants.
This model is suitable if you are looking for a “tomato greenhouse”. On the other hand, it is also suitable for covering your green plants in winter.
The greenhouse is light and easy to move from one place to another. That’s why it’s essential to choose a location protected from strong winds (or even consider some weight or fixation!).
Also, this beautiful greenhouse will be just in place on the terrace, where to house ornamental plants.
On the other hand, this is not a suitable model for your seedlings and vegetable crops.
On the maintenance side, high-pressure water jet cleaning is not recommended. It is preferable to clean with a sponge and soapy water.
Advantages of the greenhouse
- More suitable climatic conditions
- Growing crops out of season
- More production and better quality
- The seedlings grow protected
- Less chance of crop loss
- More control over pests and diseases
- Greater control over bad weather
- Greater efficiency in the use of fertilizers
- Reduced water consumption
- Greater adherence to growing time
- If you want, you can grow plants all year round
In the end, all this turns into a better harvest and greater profit compared to a garden that does not have a greenhouse.
Greenhouses are structures of different sizes and shapes, designed to provide ideal humidity and temperature conditions for growing flowers, fruits, vegetables, and other crops.
Demand for greenhouses is growing more and more, both in the professional market and in the market of home greenhouses. Whether you are a professional or an amateur, the greenhouse is always a bargain.
They are made of various materials such as PVC or polycarbonate for exterior coating and supporting structure of aluminium or metal treated against corrosion. They have windows or certain vents, and some more expensive models even have a base for the floor.
In general, it is difficult to protect crops from bad weather. That’s why gardening enthusiasts are looking for an option to keep them.
If you are thinking of buying a greenhouse but do not know which and how to choose, here is a little more information to help you in this task.
The market offers a wide variety of different types of greenhouses:
- PVC greenhouses: their quality varies depending on the plastic used for their production. PVC greenhouses are cheap, easy to install, retain heat well and help a lot with their insulating properties. However, you should also know that they are less resilient than others. Polyethene is more durable than PVC but is more expensive. They transmit light better than those of PVC and also have insulating properties.
- Mini greenhouses: they are usually very small and are designed to be kept indoors with houseplants. They are usually easily portable so that they can be transported from outside to inside and back.
- Glass greenhouses: they are the ones that transmit light best. They are beautiful and aesthetic, but they need very durable constructions to keep them stable, as the glass panels are very heavy. We must say that they do not insulate too much because the glass is cooled or heated depending on the outside temperature and does not keep it very constant.
- With wooden structure: The structure is made of a wooden frame that holds the coating. They are beautiful and inexpensive, but the tree requires special care to protect it from the weather and moths.
- Polycarbonate greenhouses are durable and of better quality than PVC and polyethene, but they are more expensive. They are resistant to UV rays and are incredibly durable.
Can you make money with the greenhouse?
You can earn with the greenhouse, depending on how you use it. When it comes to use, you need to consider not only the crops you have been able to sell (if you are committed to it) but also the personal satisfaction that caring for your plants can bring you.
Remember that many people do not grow seedlings or vegetables for sale. There are gardening enthusiasts who are truly committed to their plants and do so without any motive for profit.
Significant cash investment is not always needed. Suppose it is a very large greenhouse or expensive materials such as glass. In that case, the profitability of the greenhouse will depend on the good results or the product grown and the benefit it brings you.
Always keep in mind that the profitability of the greenhouse is calculated in the long run, not just for the first year.
When buying a garden greenhouse, you need to consider factors such as the size you will choose and the space you have.
Another factor is the material, which determines whether its durability will be greater or less.
The safety of your construction is also important, depending on whether it is designed to withstand torrential rain and wind or milder weather conditions. In the same way, maintenance is also essential. Do not forget the wooden structures that require special treatments.
With all this information, you certainly already know what you need and you are already thinking about what plants to grow. But if you have not yet decided, do not think much, growing houseplants, fruits and vegetables is always very useful.
Useful tips for growing plants in a greenhouse
The best thing about growing plants in a greenhouse is that it allows us to work on cold days at a temperature that is at least 5 degrees higher than the temperature outside. This helps us prepare the beds earlier.
- Location: To make the most of the light, it is good to place it along its length from east to west, if possible, of course, and if nothing obscures it. If you do not have enough sunlight, you can use artificial lighting with high-pressure sodium lamps, and in case you have too much sun, you can use protective screens to shade your crop.
- Regular cleaning: The accumulation of dust and dirt reduces the amount of light that enters the greenhouse. That’s why it’s important to keep it clean from the outside.
- Control ventilation: It is recommended to open windows and doors for at least 1 hour a day so that you can renew the air in the room and control excess humidity. Remember to ventilate when it is not very cold so as not to lose the necessary heat. If it’s summer, you can even leave the windows and doors open at night. In case you can afford it, you can install automated ventilation. Ventilation also allows pollinating insects to reach the flowers, as this is essential for many fruits.
- Maintain constant humidity: It is good to maintain consistent moisture in the soil of the plants. Adjust the irrigation according to the temperature, do not water too much, as what you will achieve is the suffocation of the roots (asphyxia), and if you do not water enough on hot days, the plants will dry out. The ideal way to control humidity and avoid possible pests is to buy a hygrometer. This way, you will know the humidity at any time.
- Take care of the plants: Clean the pots well to prevent pests and diseases. Remove dry or diseased leaves. Water them at a temperature between 18 and 25 degrees. When the day is cold and cloudy, reduce watering. Use fertilizers that contain trace elements.