It is not necessary to be a barista to enjoy a good coffee, even less if you have at home the best espresso machine you can get in the market.
If you are obsessed with coffee, and from the first hour of the morning you need to savour the taste and enjoy the body and aroma of a steaming cup of delicious coffee, a device like this will be the salvation so you do not have to go every two minutes to Cafeteria closest to your home to enjoy a wonderful espresso.
A coffee machine can be the compliment that was missing in your kitchen, or the best friend you can have in the office, even if you have a business there are excellent varieties for businesses that can come very well to your interests, the important thing is that, When you buy, you know exactly what is your expectation about this team.
You should take a look at the brand, the models, the cost, make a capacity and performance test and, on that basis, establish a comparison that allows you to choose just what you need and that fits your economic possibilities.
What is the best Espresso Coffee Maker?
After so much review choosing the best coffee maker can be a titanic task, that is why we put this brief guide at your disposal for you to make an informed decision. In this small suggestion list, you will surely find what you are looking for.
1. Saeco Lirika One Touch Cappuccino Titan Espresso
Luxury and simplicity
Designed with Italian quality technology, Saeco’s espresso coffee machine comes with an integrated 100% ceramic grinders that provide an ideal grind for a drink with more body and aroma.
You will also love your skimmer and heating boilers to prepare a delicious coffee in record time.
It is an expensive product, but it has good performance and is made with solid and resistant materials.
2. De’Longhi EC680.BK espresso coffee machine
Intuitive and with an anti-drip system
With an elegant and traditional design, the DeLonghi device, made of stainless steel, has a fast heating Thermoblock system and water filter.
It has an intuitive control panel, heated cups, anti-drip system and a professional filter that accepts ground coffee. It also comes with cream device, perfect for cappuccinos.
It is high price, beautiful, compact and very resistant. You can put it where you want.
3. Sage BES810BSS latte espresso machine
Solid and customizable
This manual coffee maker has a pump that works with 15 bars of power, removable milk tank, brewing cycle and coffee filter.
It also comes with automatic cleaning programs and accessories that facilitate your experience with the preparation of loaded coffee.
It is affordable, in the opinion of those who already have it, it is a robust device, of great capacity and made with good quality materials.
4. Espresso coffee machine Solac Espresso CE4480
Elegant and with great capacity
Equipped with a 15 bar pressure pump, which ensures continuous coffee extraction, this espresso coffee machine comes with a vaporizer that will allow you to make delicious coffee drinks.
It has automatic shut-off function, brings filter holder and tray warms cups.
It is low price and is made with stainless steel housing, which makes it more resistant, durable and easy to clean.
5. Klarstein Passionata Rossa 15 Espresso Machine
With classic milk frother
The Klarstein machine has a pressure filter, a classic milk frother and a cup holder. Works with a 15 bar pressure pump.
It is an ergonomic machine, safe and stable, robust, equipped with high quality in its development and easy to use.
It is an economic model and is designed to work with low power consumption.
6. Ufesa CE7141
This device has been the least expensive of the selection. It works with different types of functions, which is why we tell you that it is semi-automatic. It is small, light, easy to store and easy to maintain.
It comes with filter holder, heater and coffee preparation function that accepts the single dose and the product already ground. You do not have the option to grind the coffee beans.
Types of espresso machines
If you check the offer available in the market, you will find Espresso coffee machines are divided into four main categories:
- Super automatic: They do all the work without you having to move a single finger and, in some cases, even incorporate mill for grams of coffee that also works only with the press of a button.
- Automatic: As a user, you do not control anything from the pump at all. Automatic machines regulate by themselves the amount of water that travels through its internal structure.
- Semiautomatics: In the case of these coffee makers, as a user, you must control when you turn on or off the pump, but they alone provide uniform water pressure.
- Manuals: As the name indicates, the manuals depend completely on the user, so if you decide for one of these you will have to manually push the water through the machine, the results here will depend on how expert the user is.
Types of drinks based on Espresso coffee
The drinks that are made with these devices get their best results if you know how to manipulate the strength of the machine with an adjustable pressure gauge for the foam. There are plenty of types of coffee that you can prepare with your espresso machine, but in the whole world there are 6 drinks in particular that will be marvellous with this machine:
- Cappuccino: You will find this type of drink always accompanied by nutmeg or cinnamon sprinkled on top. To prepare it you must place double the coffee, with hot milk and a layer of foam or with the same foam of milk.
- Latte: You do it with steam milk that you put in your coffee.
- American: This is a traditional espresso with very hot water that you add to your taste
- Panna: It has its origin in Italy and is an espresso with whipped cream.
- White Flat: This is the steamed milk mixed with a double measure of espresso.
- Macchiato: This is coffee with a lot of steamed milk.
What to look for when choosing an espresso machine
At the time of taking home one of these machines, you must take into consideration a series of aspects that will make this appliance a valuable utensil in your kitchen and will make you very professional in the art of preparing coffee. Before buying you must look at these qualities:
- Performance and maintenance: Maintaining one of these coffee makers will depend on the model you have selected. Complex machines usually require higher maintenance and its parts: pumps, boilers, thermostats, usually foresee the amount of time they will require maintenance, some even bring parts of less resistant materials that, in the best case, you will need to change every certain time and, in the worst case scenario, you will have to change the whole machine. In terms of performance, we must remember that each manufacturer develops a different technology: some of these coffee makers are made to prepare several different types of drinks at the same time, maybe several cups, with others you can only prepare one cup and one style of drink at a time, so in those cases you should choose what best suits your needs.
- Size of the water tank: With this quality, you will know how much coffee you can make per batch since this depends on the size of your tank. Obviously, with the big ones, you can always prepare a larger amount of coffee, while the small ones are more limited. Some, even, bring up filters to clean impurities.
- Grain requirements: Some of these devices require you to arrange the coffee beans on a regular basis, but with others, you can simply place them. Others even accept that you put the coffee pods. Some have built-in mill function, but in others, you must grind the grain elsewhere.
- Warm-up time: This feature will depend on the heating part of your machine. On average, the mid-range ones are heated in time no longer than 10 minutes.
- Other features: Decanters with measuring marks, cool contact handles, foam-forming aids, as well as removable drip trays are just some of the other features that you may want to consider before deciding on a particular model.
- Adjustable pressure: You will only get a good espresso if you have a good pressure setting that pushes the water through the machine until you reach the coffee. The semiautomatic ones usually use 9 to more bars of pressure with which you will obtain a really fresh coffee. Some have too much pressure and others, simply, very little.
- Stainless steel housing: Due to its operating mechanism it is difficult for you to find plastic, aluminium or any other type of coffee maker, this material is usually preferred by manufacturers because of its durability, versatility and also because it protects against corrosion to the other materials of the device.
- A mobile steam arm: This piece will give you more control over the amount and consistency of the foam you wish to pour into your coffee. They are rotatable, articulated and should also be as long and adjustable as necessary so that you can place the container underneath to prepare the coffee.
- Removable water tank: This quality will make your device more manageable because it makes it easier to fill and clean your coffee machine. Some weigh up to 15 kilos or more without this deposit, so if you buy one with this included part will be very heavy. If you are looking for the removable tank you will need a container or container to place the water.
- Cup warmer: A cup warmer included in your coffee maker will always be a good extra. Unless it’s ice coffee nobody likes cold coffee. A cup that is hot permanently is essential to maintain the temperature of the coffee.
- Adaptability for coffee pods: If you use fresh beans, a machine with adaptability for coffee pods may not be useful, but if you are in a hurry it may save you some time.
- Convenience: The convenience of the machine will be dictated by the characteristics you need to use it. Maybe you are interested in those machines where you do not have to move a finger or you will prefer those that are completely manual. Depending on its use, you may want many accessories and, above all, ease of maintenance. If you are from a busy life may be the best thing is an automatic device that does not cause you major headaches, but if you like a barista and have time, maybe a machine where you can show your talent will come better.
- Safety: Most of these devices show you light when they are on and are remarkably very safe, even if you are careful, there is really little chance of burning you because they usually have a warm exterior temperature that is amortized with the materials, even when you press accidentally the buttons. Some are even equipped with automatic shutdown.
- Accessories: The types of accessories that you can obtain with your coffee maker are infinite, depending on their characteristics and the manufacturer: milk jugs, containers, filter holders, filters adaptable to the pods, tamping tools and even measuring spoons are some of the accessories that you can find in the coffee machines.