If you intend to improve your dental health, a good step is to get the best electric toothbrush that can be among the available offer.
These utensils are a great option if you want to develop good habits of oral hygiene and follow the instructions of your dentist regarding the care of your teeth and gums.
Knowing which one is the best depends on your specific care needs and what you are looking for in the device. There are various types, manufacturers and qualities that are worth considering before buying.
In order for you to take home just the one you need, you need to review the models that are available, establish a comparative cost and features, and finally decide on the one that suits what you are looking for and not unbalance your budget.
What is the best electric toothbrush?
Having a guide that indicates the advantages and disadvantages of the products is always a good option. We did a test, we evaluated quality and qualities, on that basis we elaborated this small list where are those that, we consider, are the best 5.
1. Philips HX9394 / 92 Sonicare Diamond Clean electric toothbrushes
Improves the health of the gums
This pack of two brushes from the manufacturer Philips is made with sonic technology that allows a speed of 62,000 movements that reaches interdental spaces, the gum line and a deep cleaning in problem areas.
It comes with a Diamond Clean brushing head that improves the health of your gums, provides more whitening and helps you get rid of dental plaque.
It works with lithium ion batteries that last up to three weeks before reloading, comes with a panel that charges the brush more quickly and is compatible even with smart phones.
Those who already have affirm that it is a robust product, whose timer tells you when it is time to move to another quadrant of the mouth and when you should finish brushing.
Its price is the highest of our selection, however, taking into account that it is two brushes for the price of one, with a high quality and performance, you would be rather making good long-term investments.
2. Braun Oral-B Genius 8900
Five ways of brushing
The Oral B rechargeable electric toothbrush is designed with Braun technology that helps you whiten teeth and maintain optimal oral care
It comes with triple pressure control system that improves the health of your gums and also has a position detection technology that indicates the area you have not yet brushed to ensure total care of your teeth and mouth.
It has five modes of brushing: daily cleaning, sensitive, care of the gums, bleached and Pro Clean, functions that guarantee a more complete cleaning and a pleasant experience of brushing. It is compatible with various replacement heads of Oral B.
It is affordable and is a great investment considering that it is two brushes, high quality and a recognized brand, for the price of one.
3. Waterpik Sensonic Toothbrush
Ergonomic and rechargeable
Equipped with three heads to cover different types of cleaning and an ergonomic non-slip handle, the Waterpik ultrasonic brush helps you in the prevention of gum disease.
It comes with integrated timer, adjustable speed and a charging base to recharge when necessary. Those who already have it claim that it is a robust and resistant product with a rotation system, which provides greater oral care.
It has a low price and you get it in white, blue and stainless steel. If you also take home the water irrigator from the same manufacturer you will give your teeth a better care.
4. Remington Electric Toothbrush
Elegant and precise
With a battery that can last up to two weeks of use, before recharging, the Remington brush is made with sonic technology of 33,000 movements per minute. It comes with a carrying case, ideal for traveling.
It has a two-minute timer with a 30-second interval 3 cleaning modes: normal, gentle and massage; and, in addition it has LED indicators and a stylized and light design.
It is economical and according to the opinion of those who already have it, it is an ergonomic product, precise and of good quality that guarantees a thorough cleaning and provides an optimal brushing.
5. Oral-B Vitality Cross Action
Compatible with all heads
It is a mid-range electric brush, with no greater qualities than those with a power of 7600 oscillations per minute. Its performance is for beginners with electric brushes or for those who do not want to spend so much on this product.
It comes with timer, has heads inspired by professional tools that provides deep cleaning to all teeth and even reaches those deeper and more difficult places.
It has a water resistant handle, presents no electrical risk to the user and provides a friendly and satisfactory brushing experience.
This model of Oral B is the least expensive of our selection and you get it in different colours and it is compatible with all the heads that are not sonic technology.
Types of electric toothbrush
Although there is a wide variety of electric toothbrushes, they are divided into two different types:
- Normal energy: These are low-end, can produce from 3,000 to 7,500 brushed per minute, come with rotating heads that rotate in a circular and some come with pulsating heads that vibrate in horizontal movement to the front and back. They have a low price range.
- Sonic: It is similar to the electric brush, but with a key difference that is its speed and power. The best of these brushes produces from 30.00 to 40.000 brushed per minute. They generate sound waves and vibrating water molecules that are more effective in cleaning teeth and gums. They have a high price range.
Main features to search
While the basic models bring a standard head and a cleaning program, the most sophisticated models have a series of features that you should consider when buying one, among these are:
- Brush Timer: With this you make sure that the brushing lasts a total of two minutes, the time recommended by the dentists. Some are self-programmable, others will sound a kind of alarm when the set time elapses.
- Pressure sensors: These allow you to know if you are applying a lot of pressure when brushing your teeth. When this happens some light up or emit sound and others stop working. Remember that to remove the plaque is not necessary to press too much, in fact, this can be harmful to your teeth.
- Soft Grip Handle: The best brushes of this style have a soft grip that gives you more comfort when you hold or use them. They also reduce the vibrations that are felt in the hand when brushing.
- Power levels and speed of brush movement: The number of brushes per minute makes the difference. Tests show that sonic toothbrushes clean teeth more effectively than regular toothbrushes. Generally, brushes with selectable modes and several power levels are more recommendable than those that only have an on / off function.
- Brush head type: If you prefer large brush heads, similar to the heads of manual brushes, pulsating rotators may be an option. If you are looking for precision and cleanliness in difficult areas, small heads will come better. There are also heads and bristles designed for specific purposes, such as whitening, flossing, sensitive teeth and braces. Choose the one that best suits your needs and remember that you should change them every 2 or 3 months.
- Size: The size will depend on the age of the user. For children and adolescents between the ages of 4 and 12, a lightweight child’s brush is recommended, which is easier to hold. You can get a normal size if the user is adult, but put a small head to make it easier to manoeuvre. In case of travel, a thin and light brush is the best option.
- Battery type and life: Make sure you choose electric toothbrushes with rechargeable batteries. The best electric toothbrush is rechargeable with a long-lasting battery. It is recommended to choose brushes with indicators of the life of the battery or that indicate when it should be recharged.
- UV Disinfectant: A UV disinfectant produces UV light that shines on the brush heads, killing any existing bacteria or germs that can grow in that area of the brush while in the bathroom. They are highly recommended for hygiene purposes, especially if you live in messy or crowded areas, where dirt and germs from the environment and other people can accumulate in your brush head.
- Licenses and guarantees: The vast majority of good electric toothbrushes offer you, at least, 12 months or more guarantee. Some manufacturers give a return guarantee of 14 to 30 days, time in which you can try the product and decide if you like it or not.