Drive your car and just when you take the fast track you realize that the sun offers all its radiance on the face of your child in the back seat. What to do? You stop, you improvise with something that you have at hand, but it is not enough. You need the best car parasol for your car to avoid your children being in permanent contact with the sun’s rays.
Transporting our children during a long journey means that they are comfortable and safe. To this end, a curtain for a car window or a folding canopy will help to minimize risks, especially in babies and people with a special sensitivity to the skin.
They also assist in the reduction of heat inside the vehicles, and as an added value, they are recommended to keep the upholstery in perfect condition.
In this comparison we present very good alternatives that will help you achieve this task.
What is the best car parasol for cars?
These accessories are a practical way to protect health while providing a less hot environment inside the vehicle. Babies are prone to suffer consequences from receiving the sun’s rays, so you should choose the one that best prevents this contact.
In the parasols should highlight the property against ultraviolet radiation. This, which to a lesser extent is an excellent source of vitamin D for the skin, can cause damage when exposed to excess.
When buying the best model of the market, which is easy to install, made of fabric or other material, with suction cups, adherable by static or hood type, you should remember its main function: to protect the integrity of the baby’s skin.
1. Side sunshade for kinder Fluff car window
Easy to install
You will enjoy a pleasant trip, without directly receiving the harmful ultraviolet rays on your small face thanks to this parasol, which adheres by static in the car window. Its size of 50.8 × 30.48 cm contributes reducing the internal temperature of the vehicle. Perfect for babies and people with sensitive skin.
2. Curtain for car window
Manage the entry of solar rays
For a wide range you will need this curtain-type parasol, which you can run when you need a greater view of the outside. It is installed on the side window with suction cups, and its dimensions of 50 × 70 cm adapt it to almost any car model. Made of polyester, easy to clean and store.
3. Car sunshade JELLYBABABABY
Shoes like a glove
Unlike other models, the Jellybabababy brand offers the possibility of covering the entire window, both internally and externally, with this adaptable UV protector. Like a cloth hood, it goes over the door, without interfering with the possibility of raising or lowering the glass. Made in resistant material.
4. Luvdbaby car window sunshades
For more extensive protection
A convenient presentation that includes 2 parasols of static adhesion, to be located in both windows of the vehicle, which avoid the direct entry of the sun’s rays keeping the temperature cool. 48.26 × 30.8 cm of covering on the window, will help you to preserve the privacy and comfort of babies and pets.
5. Childhood sunshade for car Safety 1st 38008720
Economical and very practical
Although it is the cheapest of the products presented, it perfectly fulfills its function. It is a curtain-type parasol that fits to the window with suction cups, to later discover the blind of dark vinyl material pulling down when you click on a button. With measures of 41x46x3 cm.
Why do you need a child’s parasol for the car?
The central purpose of these sun protection devices is to minimize the direct incidence of UV rays on the skin for a long time. When we move from one place to another in the car, we usually do not realize how much sun we can be receiving through the windows. This is harmful to the health of children, with consequences such as:
- Development of skin cancer: The delicate dermis of the baby is very prone to suffer sun damage, triggering at worst in melanomas.
- Suppression of immunity: burns weaken the immune system by breaking down the biological molecules of the skin, making them more vulnerable to contagious flu and other infectious diseases.
- Corneal burns: Ultraviolet radiation causes damage to the tissues of the surface of the eyes and cornea, with alterations in vision and pain.
- Premature aging: the incidence of the sun is linked in the appearance of spots and wrinkles in the skin, regardless of age.
- First and second degree burns: the exposure time and sensitivity level are triggers to suffer from this type of burns.
What should you look for in a child car parasol?
Among the features that should offer a good sunscreen for windows, and more when it comes to the care and health of our children, we have the following:
- Shield against ultraviolet rays: make sure that the label marks this quality. It is not the same to offer a dim light or shade to avoid the entrance of UVA rays.
- Reliable adhesion system: the suction cups are in most cases the most used forms of fastening, but some are small or weak to maintain. Choose parasols with firm adhesion or static.
- Without Polyvinyl chloride: the disadvantage of the parasols that are installed by static is that its manufacture includes PCV, material linked to various diseases.
- Removable or semi-permanent: it will depend on the need, duration of the trip or distance to cover.
- Form of the window: the chosen model must adapt without problems to the measurements of the window of the vehicle. The greater your coverage, the better.
- Weight: if it comes off for some reason, it should be lightweight, to avoid injuries in case of falling on the baby.