When you have a baby at home and you need to transport it in your car, it is necessary that you have at hand the best baby car seat, not only to guarantee your safety, but also to travel with tranquility and comfort, both for you and the child .
Before you get one of these practical accessories, it is very useful to consider a series of factors, your baby’s age, the standardized safety regulations, the regulatory regulations of your country and, obviously, your economic possibilities.
You must choose a product that gives you peace of mind and confidence because it is about the safety of your child while you are in the car and, putting aside as much or as little as you can spend, that has an incalculable value, so you must make a good choice.
What is the best baby car seat 0+?
If you already decided to buy, then now what you should do is a test of your needs, your baby and the adaptability to your car.
It is essential that you review the available offer, make a comparison between products and decide on the one that finally suits your requirements.
Having a guide is never over, here is a list of suggestions, where you will surely find exactly what you are looking for.
1. Chicco Trio Love Motion 3in1 stroller
Comfortable and safe
Configured as a complete solution to transport your baby, practically from the moment of birt to 3 years, the manufacturer Chicco brings you this group of two chairs and stroller belonging to group 0.
It is a closed, compact, safe system, adjusted to the legal safety standard, which has two ways of positioning: facing the road and facing parents, all with a practical one-handed adjustment.
The Oasys car seat for the first months has a fastening system to pick up the stroller’s chassis, it comes with a base to place it in the car with great stability and you can also use it as a transportable stroller.
It is equipped with adjustable headrest that adapts to the baby’s waist and a reducer cushion for greater comfort of the child.
On the other hand, the growth seat has safety harnesses and head restraints that adapt to the growth of your child.
Includes, apart from the two chairs and the stroller, changing bag, rotating handles, three-point belts, car base, integral waterproof, removable reducer and hood sunshade.
It is an affordable package if all the elements that make it up and its benefits are taken into account. It is available in dark brown and beige. If it’s in your budget, it’s an investment worth analyzing.
2. Car seat Britax – Römer DUALFIX
Stability and protection
The baby car seat from the manufacturer Britax offers you an integrated system of security components carefully designed for the care and stability of your baby. This includes a shock absorber base, steel frames and shock systems on the sides.
It has a stabilizing structure that provides resistance at the points where it is most needed and is provided with a spatial foam cover that provides protection against side impacts.
Those who already have it, assure that it is comfortable, ergonomic and easy to transport, in addition, it is compatible with Britax strollers through the click & Go system.
Does not need adapters and is adapted to the safety standards required in Europe for this type of seating
Its price is considered the highest of our list, but the good quality of the product, according to the opinion of its users, make this chair one of the most interesting options of the selection.
3. Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30 Kit
Soft and easy to clean
Ideal for children from birth to the end of the year, the seat of the Maxi-Cosi brand is equipped with a set of harnesses and covers that guarantee your safety.
It is a team that is designed specifically for the comfort of the baby without neglecting its safety
It is a resistant, lightweight product and, the best thing is that it is equipped with interchangeable covers and pads that make it very easy to clean, providing the device with a deep cleaning, uncommon this type of equipment.
It does not have exactly low price, but its cost is reasonable compared to similar ones, even more so considering its qualities.
The package includes padded fabrics, hood with removable visor, adapter for proper fit and covers. It is available in bright, neutral tones and even in different colors.
4. Graco SnugRide Infant car seat – Group 0+
Portable and light
Equipped with a five-point harness that fits in front to make your baby more comfortable and safe, this seat is ideal for carrying children sitting back, from birth to complete the weight of about 13 kg.
It has a portable design, lightweight, easy to carry and is composed of washable covers that keep it clean and pleasant.
It comes with removable ultra-padded headrest to perfectly fit the head of newborns and its adjustment system makes it easy to place and lift it from the chair.
Absorbs impacts very well, is made with absorbent ergo foam and meets the standards of the British and European legal safety standard for baby seats.
The Graco baby seat is the least expensive model of our selection and is compatible with the carts of this manufacturer, under the click connect system.
5. Ickle Bubba 3in1 Stroller
Compact and manageable
Made with a system that is only used back to the road, the car seat of the manufacturer Ickle Bubba is suitable for your baby both from birth and those belonging to group 1
It is a combination of stroller with seat for transport, the car comes with a three-position inclination that can condition the backrest according to the comfort of the baby.
It is equipped with 5-point harness, hood with retractable hood and control window with storage basket.
For its part, the seat is used in a single click with isofix which is the safest anchor base for baby seats, regulated by law. It is sold separately.
It has a clean, simple design, easily washable and completely foldable.
It is economic if its qualities and characteristics are taken into account. You get it exclusively in black.
Choose the right model
As your baby gets older, a transition from one type of seat to another is also necessary, each has different characteristics and responds to certain types of needs, so it is necessary to choose the right one for each age and need. Among the most common and popular types of seats are:
- Infant car seat: It is the first seat for new parents, provides good fit for newborns and small babies and is used for children from 2 to 18 kilograms, depending on the model. It is placed looking back and has a removable charger that connects to a base installed in the car.
- Convertible car seat: Can be installed backwards and forwards and is usually purchased for the child from one year of age. Although it is placed in both ways, it is usually recommended to place it looking back because it has a higher weight limit. For example, in the case of children under one year of age and weighing less than 10 kilograms, it is useful to place them looking back, until at least the child’s two years.
- Booster seat: When your child exceeds the weight and height limit for the harness of a forward-facing seat, it’s time for an elevator that uses the seat belt of a car that will lift the child in the car so that the seat belt fits correctly-over the sternum and the center of the collarbone (not the neck) and down through the upper thighs (instead of the abdomen). They come in two main styles, high-back and bare back. The backless versions are quite portable and easy to install, but the high back models position the shoulder belt and provide protection against side impacts.
- Car seats all in one: They are often large and heavy, lack the practicality of a removable and sometimes uncomfortable in small vehicles. It is good if you do not use it as often, they are of the most economical range and are suitable for children from 2 to 30 kilograms.
- Reinforcement seat: These can only be used by children who meet the requirements of weight, age and height appropriate to sit facing forward, as its design is only oriented in that direction. They are equipped with harness that are removed when the child is growing and the transition of height and weight is made to a pressure system. Suitable for children who weigh 10 to 40 kilograms. They are a cheaper alternative to convertible seats.
What you should know before buying
To make a good purchase you must know exactly what you need, not only you but also your baby, remember that your comfort and protection is the most important, so you must be clear about the characteristics of your car and what kind of equipment suits them.
- Know your child: Considering the weight, height and age of your baby, it is easier to determine the size of the seat that suits you best.
- Know the stores: It is important that you know where to buy. If you decide to buy the product through online stores you must first make sure to try the seat in real stores and verify if it is the one that fits your requirements. Some retailers allow you to try the product and it is the right time to check if the seat is compatible with your car in terms of cushion angles and seat belts. It is also useful to choose a store that accepts returns.
- Know your car: Check the child safety sections of your vehicle owner’s manual and study the relevant features such as belts and seats.
What to look for when choosing a car seat?
There are a number of factors that are essential to take into account when buying a car seat in which you will place your baby. You must take care of all these details because your safety and well-being comes first.
- Security features to search: One of the main reasons why you decide to get a good car seat for your baby, is precisely the safety of the child, that’s why you should take into account a series of essential features to look for when the time comes. to choose one for your baby.
* A 5 point harness: This is two shoulder straps, two straps at the waist and one strap between the legs, all of them are joined in a middle buckle. Five-point harnesses are safer because they hold your baby in place and, in the event of impact, disperse shock forces over more areas of the body.
* Protection against side impacts: This is a hot topic, many manufacturers announce this quality, but there is still no established standard on this type of protection so, although it is not uncommon to buy a chair with this indication, you must maintain skepticism when they announce it with much pomp because there is little that has been advanced in this respect. Remember also that in a quarter of the impacts the car is hit by the sides rather than the front.
* Easy adjustment of the harness: Having a good harness adjustment, makes the chair safer. If you get one that is “easy to adjust” it is likely that you have to be adjusting it every time. You must analyze this and opt for the safe option.
- How much should you spend? Not necessarily your baby will be safe if you spend more since many models of medium or low cost are equal or even better than the most expensive. The average prices range between 110 and 450 pounds, but of course, you can always get the ones that are sold cheaper than the lowest price and more expensive than the highest price. However, convertible cars tend to be more expensive. Those on our list range from 150 to 790 pounds and the full range of car seats has prices ranging from 35 to 940 pounds.
- Easy for installation: These seats can be installed using safety belts or the so-called LATCH system. If you will use the belts as a way of installation, it is useful to find a safety point to place the seat and select one that has a built-in lock-off device that keeps the belt in place so that it does not loosen. In case you install it with the LATCH system you should look for a tensor and a bubble level indicator that will help you determine if the seat is located at the appropriate level. It is appropriate that you practice the installation several times before leaving to do it safely.
- Ease of adjustment and use: Part of the safety is to verify that the harness is just and adapted to the body of your baby. This means that as the baby grows you will have to change the default settings of the harness. It is essential that you make sure that the harness is easy to reach and easy to use. As far as the harness button and the buckles are concerned, the ideal thing is that you get something rigid enough so that the baby is not letting go of it all the time, but you can handle it. If the button is uncomfortable for your thumbs it may be the right one for what you want.
- Ease of cleaning: Seats made with smooth and water resistant fabrics will be cleaned more easily than seats with textured or absorbent fabric. It is nice to have a removable cover, which can be easily washable in the washing machine, but these covers are not so common.
- Make sure the seat fits in your car: Not all seats fit in all cars, so you must ensure that, where you buy yours, accept returns in case you are presented with this contingency. Make sure the car physically fits into your back seat, the angle of your seat and the positioning of the seat belts can also affect if it does not fit properly. Take the manual if necessary. If you have a small car do not choose a large base seat test by measuring the back seat of your car and comparing those measurements with those of the base of the seat.
- Choose a seat that suits your favourite stroller: Not all baby car seats can be placed in the child’s stroller, even trying to get one that fits is a difficult task, but there is always the option of buying the complete set or an adapter that allows you to fit. Search the stores for the option “Travel Systems” and you will find what you are looking for.
- Choose a seat that is easy to transport: In the case of a baby car seat, the lightest you can find is one weighing 3.5 kilograms, however, those weighing more than 4.5 kilograms are already considered heavy. You must take this into account because the weight will make it easier or more difficult to transport it, especially if you are also carrying a baby that weighs at least 3 kilograms.
- Awning: Ideally, have an awning that protects your baby from the sun in those moments when you fit the seat in the stroller. In addition, it must be strong and stable to withstand the pulls of children