A baby bouncer chair is a very versatile and inexpensive item that helps your little one to enjoy the environment around him and to integrate into family life. It is a perfect product so that the baby can recline in the chair while the parents do other tasks, like taking a shower or doing the dishes.
However, it is important that, although it is a perfect item to avoid having to keep an eye on the little ones all the time, do not forget that it is not convenient to leave your baby in the rocking chair for a long time without supervision. The baby bouncer, by the time the baby grows up, will be able to respond to his kicks with a rebound movement, both up and down, which will help calm the little one if he has any anger or tantrum.
The best baby bouncers in comparison
Because we know how important it is to care for a baby, and that everything you use is of excellent quality, below we show you the best baby bouncers on the market.
1. Tuc Tuc People Baby Bouncer
The musical bouncer with melodies and volume control and automatic shutdown after 15 minutes.
The reclining seat adopts up to 3 positions. It has a toy bar that you can remove at any time.
For greater protection of your baby, it has a 5-point harness. It folds and its padding is easily removable and washable.
2. Baby Bouncer -Just4baby
This bouncer of good price has folding support so that the baby can eat more comfortably. It has a bar with toys, also music and fun colours and patterns in the fabric.
At bedtime, you can remove the toy bar and activate some relaxing vibrations that your baby will enjoy a lot.
You have the option of turning it into a seesaw when your baby is bigger and can sit on his own.
3. BabyBjörn Balance Soft Baby Bouncer
From just seeing your fabric, it gives a feeling of softness and unique cosy comfort. Thanks to its swing, your baby will develop his skills and balance in a natural way. It has special support for the head and back, thanks to its ergonomic design makes it ideal for newborns.
4. Fisher-price Baby Bouncer
This bouncer is ideal for children up to 18 kg maximum. With its colourful designs, beautiful details and toys, they make it very striking and fun. It has the virtue of becoming a swing when the child grows, and if that were not enough, even in a fixed chair.
The toy bar is removable. For cleaning or worry, because your padding can be put in the washer and dryer.
5. Baby Bouncer 4moms Mamaroo 4
This wonderful bouncer of babies up to 9kg has very special functions, as it reproduces up to 5 unique movements based on the real experience of the parents.
It also has built-in sounds of nature to relax your baby, also mp3 plug-in. Oh! But it is not everything. Because if mom and dad are busy with tasks, through an application for smartphones and tablets can activate these functions and others.
To make matters worse, this bouncer technology detects obstacles, stops automatically if any object gets in their way. It works only connected to the network, its cover is washable and even has international quality certification.
6. Babymoov Bubble Baby Bouncer
A simple bouncer, but with excellent functions. Has the option to become a seesaw, and some handles for transport. Is folded.
Its seat is lined and has a special cushion for newborns. Achieves up to 5 positions with its reclining backrest. Its price is low.
7. Chicco Hoopla Baby Bouncer
One of the brands of products for children with a long career presents this bouncer with an anti-slip system, modular reducer and adjustable headrest of excellent quality.
It has dual use, whether tilting or fixed, and can be configured in 4 positions. It has straps for your transfer.
8. Ingenuity Baby Bouncer
The bouncer with a musical repertoire of 8 melodies and 3 sounds of nature. Its embroidery is unisex and has incorporated the Hybridrive system that makes the batteries last three times more. The swing becomes a seat with calming vibrations.
9. Tiny Love 3-in1 Rocker Napper
What is baby bouncer?
The baby bouncer is a portable chair in which to place the baby safely to sleep or play. It is usually a reclining chair, which can be placed horizontally to allow a comfortable sleep position, and also more reclined so that the baby is more comfortable as he or she gets older.
The baby bouncer is a very safe chair because adapt to the baby’s shape, and at the same time, it has a series of safety harnesses so that the baby does not fall or get out of the chair.
Some models even have built-in toys, or they are an electric baby bouncer that can be programmed to make an adjustable movement to relax or to encourage the baby to fall asleep.
You can’t imagine how much baby bouncer can do for you and your child until you have one at home. It is not only a toy for your baby to have fun, but also a way to keep him entertained, relax with movement and sleep much more comfortably for him.
When looking for the best baby bouncer for baby, it is necessary to take into account a series of characteristics to find the one that best suits the use we intend to give it. In our comparison, we took them all into account.
Benefits of having a baby bouncer
There are many benefits to having a bouncer at home, not only for the comfort of the parents but also for the health of the baby.
- It favours breastfeeding since the baby eats much more calmly. However, in this case, we are not referring to the baby bouncers, but to the common rocking chair where the mother will be able to sit and breastfeed the baby. In addition, the use of relaxing rocking chair by mothers during breastfeeding greatly favours milk production.
- It helps the baby to calm down when he cannot sleep or when he suffers from colic since the movement of the baby bouncer reminds them of the movement of the uterus during pregnancy.
- When the bouncer has built-in music and sounds, it is relatively easy, between the rocking of the baby bouncer and the sounds, for the baby to fall asleep easily.
- Many of the baby bouncers carry with them a bar where toys are hung with which the baby will play and entertain himself.
- The baby bouncer introduces and integrates the baby into daily family life and stimulates it, allowing it to stand upright and explore the world around it.
- The use of the baby bouncer favours the baby’s muscular relaxation, as well as the release of endorphins, causing any pain that the little one may have.
For new parents, the bouncers are a great help, because it allows them to have time to do other activities.
What is the difference between bouncer, jumper and swing?
To summarize it in a few words, everything depends on the movement.
- Bouncer:the baby makes undulating movements in the seat.
- Jumper:the baby can jump with his feet from top to bottom, bouncing, held by elastic straps.
- Swing:rocking from side to side without the baby moving.
Different types of baby bouncers
There are several types of bouncers on the market and you simply have to choose the one that best suits your needs. Below I show you:
Basic baby bouncer
This model is classic and does not come equipped with an automatic or electric system that makes it move on its own. It would have to be pushed manually for movement to occur.
This model is fine as long as you want a person to be closely monitoring the baby and also if you want it to be light when transporting it from one place to another.
Electric and automatic
This type of bouncer is provided with an automated system that works by battery or by electric current and has the advantage of rocking the baby without having to do it manually. They usually have more than one mode of movement and sometimes they also have the option of playing music suitable for the baby.
It is quite useful as long as you want to do a task in which you can not be 100% aware of the baby.
In this case we are talking about a crib which has a system to rock the baby.
This type of crib works for newborn babies, making it adapt to your body so that it is not erect, unlike hammocks, which are designed for babies with a few months. There are manual and automated rocking cradles.
How to choose the best baby bouncer?
This is a very important step, so you should not underestimate it. The hammock that you acquire should give you the characteristics that best suit the experience you want to give your baby. Consider the following recommendations, so you can make a more successful purchase.
Your baby will spend a lot of time sitting, so the chair itself should have special characteristics:
- Material: it must be very soft and without seams so that your baby can get it comfortably.
- Padding:avoid those with too much filling that does not give the baby stability in the bounce.
- Easy to clean: ensure that the bouncer has removable fabrics for cleaning. These can be waterproof or covered that can be put in the washing machine.
- Head support: newborns are not able to support their heads or maintain neck support, so support is very useful for them. A cushioned support will give your baby safety while rocking. The supports are removable, so your baby can keep using the bouncer while it grows.
- Adjustable seat: allows adopting several positions. For example, if the child eats his porridge, you can tilt the bouncer a little so that he has more comfort, or even if he takes his bottle or if he falls asleep.
He is the one who gives support and firmness to the bouncer from the ground.
- The bounce:according to the design of the frame, it will be the type of bounce and movement of the hammock. It may be slightly oscillating, or from back to front with just a touch.
- Wide base: the wider the base, the less chance the baby will trip over the frame. However, if the base is too wide it can be uncomfortable for its mobilization.
- Portability: some bouncers have the option of being foldable and their size reduced. This is ideal for storage or if your home is small and you can not have large objects.
- Material: there are manufacturers who make bouncer frames in metal and others in plastic. If you are looking for durability and quality, better opt for a frame made of metal.
- Anti-slip: to prevent your baby from sliding while rocking, many bouncers have non-slip pads on the bottom of the base.
- Elastic straps:straps hold your baby to prevent him from falling while bouncing. There are belts of different thicknesses. Make sure you choose a strong, but soft, that will not bother your little one.
- Limited weight:each manufacturer sets a certain weight limit for the hammock. This is very important because there are babies of different sizes and sizes. The durability of the hammock will also depend on the weight.
- Sunshade: if you live in a place where there is a lot of sun, or your house has large windows through which lots of sunlight, we recommend buying a bouncer with sunshade, which will prevent the baby’s skin from being overexposed to the sun’s rays.
Bouncer manufacturers have increasingly modernized the models with additional elements that provide entertainment to the baby, as well as help them develop vision, attention, and hearing. These are the most popular distractions that keep you calm and without tantrums:
- Toy bar: it is a bow that surrounds the baby and that has toys that lead with easy access to the hands. There are some bars that bring spaces for you to place even the pacifiers and scratch gums. There are pieces that you can remove and others that are fixed.
- Musical sounds:lullabies, varied sounds, animals, etc. Just make sure they are a wide repertoire of sounds so that it does not become boring.
- Lights: they are a very striking element in Premium bouncers, and there are different types, which are fixed, other flashes, flashing and removable.
- Vibrating seat:ideal for newborns who still do not know how to bounce or generate a firm movement.
- Themes: they give a lot of colour to the bouncer, and the best thing is that there are all the possible cartoons and styles for girls and boys.
Always take into account the age limit, weight and height that marks the bouncer
When you decide to buy a bouncer for baby, do not take lightly the limitations of age, weight and height that the product indicates as a limit. When your baby exceeds all these measures, it will be time to dispense the product.
Avoid your prince or princess suffering injuries, falls, and your moments of anguish. Baby products are subjected to many tests to ensure their quality, efficiency and it is the parents’ responsibility to follow the instructions indicated by the manufacturers.
Locate the bouncer in a safe place
Be careful with this! Avoid high places or unstable surfaces. With the restlessness of your baby and the movements of the bouncer, it can fall and injure.