From birth to two years of age, most babies need an accessory that protects their clothes during meals. When a newborn baby arrives, washes multiply, mainly due to hectic breakfasts. Using a baby bib makes meals safer and more comfortable, at least for baby’s clothes, but also for parents who have to feed their offspring. Choosing the best baby bib is for many parents an operation which raises many doubts at the sight of the different characteristics and materials in which these baby care products are made.
Too often, parents ignore the bibs until they consider that the baby should start eating solid foods other than breast milk. However, parents are still advised to have a bib on hand.
The best baby bibs in comparison
The most convenient is always one that is able to absorb liquids before they get into clothes and that is also easy to clean. Both characteristics are a norm and the rest is an aggregate.
Depending on the level of the mischief of your little “angel” you might need more than a traditional bib. There are waterproofs with absorbent or waterproof fabrics in their entirety. The latter are usually rubber, plastic or some smooth material such as neoprene but with a kind of spoon on the bottom to collect spills.
Cleaning is simple with both models. Some simply go to the washing machine and the others, just a damp cloth to remove all the waste. Now, if the chaos is extremely large, it will not be a bad idea to consider a model with sleeves.
These are quite large and serve for the hour of the food. They cover neck, arms, chest and tummy. There should not be any stains on the garments after using those of this kind. Some people find them very practical and other moms find them excessive. Everything is in the taste and preferences of each and in the comfort of the baby, of course.
In fact, it is important that the baby is comfortable so that he can eat without problems and happy. A very tight bib, with a fabric that stings and difficult to put on and take off, will result in a very tearful baby. You do not want that, right? To my way of thinking, among all the options, these are the best baby bibs you will find.
1. Long Sleeve bib BabyBjörn
Ideal for the most restless kids, this model covers almost the entire body to prevent spills to the child’s attire. It is made of soft plastic, breathable and without BPA. Very appropriate for children over 8 months. It can be used for eating or for manual activities such as painting etc. in the nursery.
2. 5 Waterproof Silicone Baby Bibs
- Convenient - Our silicon bibs come in colours of blue, orange, sky blue, white & pink - easy to wipe clean, they’re ideal for baby to wear, convenient & handy during...
- Further info - Being adjustable & flexible are just some of the pluses of our bibs - unlike other bibs, they won’t stain or get soaked - ensuring ease & comfort, whilst...
- Premium quality - Made of highest quality food grade silicone & free from toxic chemicals, our bibs are safe & hygienic - as well, they are lightweight to carry & soft to roll...
- More details - Weight per set - 0.38 kgs - dimensions per set - 33 x 23 x 6 cm. With 6 adjustable sizes & 2 buttons to keep it in place, our bibs are easy to put on & remove -...
Another great option when feeding your baby solid food is a silicone bib because you can simply wipe it off or rinse it off after it’s finished eating. This is one of the Amazon’s bestsellers, made of 100% food-grade silicone and will help you reduce your laundry’s water usage, which will save you water since you won’t need to wash them like cloth bibs.
Available in 5 different colours, pack of 5, these brightly coloured bibs will make you smile when you watch your baby eat at the table. They have a practical snap closure at the back which provides six different sizes and is suitable for children aged 3 months to 3 years.
What makes them even better is that when you’re at a restaurant or on the road, you can roll them up and put them in your diaper bag until you can rinse them well. Food and liquids will remain contained and will not do any damage. In addition, as it is silicone, you will only have to bring a bib during your vacation, because you can continue to reuse this product without the need for clean detergent or waiting for it to dry.
3. Waterproof Baby Bibs Viedouce
- 【Easy to Clean】- These durable silicone bibs are waterproof, easy to wipe clean and quick drying. Just use soap water to wash it off！
- 【Food Grade Silicone】- We use high quality FOOD GRADE silicone that is BPA and Phthalate free. Our soft bibs are safe,hygienic and naturally antibacterial. Will not hurt...
- 【Feeding Made Simpler】- Designed with a deep and large food catcher to catch falling food crumbs and drink spills, the food catcher stays open and will keep its shape at...
- 【Grows With Your Child】- With 6 easy adjustable buttons, suitable for boys and girls aged from 4 month up to 3 years. The comfortable straps with the large neck radius...
If you do not want to be putting bibs in the washing machine, this model will serve you well. Made of silicone, it has a very practical pocket that collects spills from the front. For baby’s comfort, it includes 4 adjustment buttons for the neck. Just pass them a damp cloth to clean them.
4. Yafane Baby Bibs Waterproof Layer
- Material: 100% Cotton; 3-layer lining: the front and back outside is cotton, the middle is special waterproof interlining
- Waterproof: The middle is special waterproof interlining filling for added absorbency
- Easy to close and open：The hook and loop fastener on the side, made of soft cotton that does not damage the skin
- Pack of 10 teething bibs in assorted colors will match your babies' outfit
You’re going to go through a lot of bibs, which equates to a lot of laundry. To help decrease the piles of laundry you have to do each week, it’s best to have a bunch of bibs that you can use at any time without having to worry about throwing another load in the wash.
This set of 10 Yafane baby bibs offers you many bibs to spend your days at an affordable price. The bibs are absorbent with a sponge front but have a waterproof layer so that liquids do not seep into their clothing. With a range of colour choices, you are sure to find one that matches their outfit of the day.
This size varies from 3 to 24 months, but some reviewers say it is a small size that is better suited for smaller babies who are drooling or spitting.
5. Baby Bandana Dribble Bib YOOFOSS
- Soft Organic and Absorbent Material - Front is 100% soft organic cotton, back is polyester fleece for absorbency. Protect and keep your drooly teething baby dry from all...
- 8 Pack Stylish Modern Design - A variety set including 8 different designs of baby bandana drool bibs, which not only helps to keep mommy's drooly / teething baby dry and...
- Adjustable and High-Quality Plastic Snaps - Each baby bandana bibs comes with 2 plastic snaps which prevent any risk of allergic reactions to baby’s sensitive skin. The...
- A Must Have for Each Parents - Every new Mom-to be or Dad-to-be will fall in love with this considerate gift as it not only helps them to take better care of their little one...
A baby does not escape fashion. If you want it to look cute, this type of bibs are “carrying”. They are made of 100% natural cotton and have a double layer to prevent moisture from reaching the clothes. It is available for boys and girls in several very nice designs and brings a very comfortable and adjustable closure. It is suitable for children from 0 to 3 years.
6. Cotton Baby bibs pack of 8
- ❤ Hypoallergenic and Soft Material ❤ Pure Cotton, non-irritating and non-chemical formula, protect your baby's sensitive skin from allergies.
- ❤ Big Coverage and Good Absorbency ❤ 45x31x22.5cm (image 2), big enough and cover more area compare to other bibs. Double layer of fabric, easy to absorb drools and stain,...
- ❤ Adjustable Nickel-Free Snap Closure ❤Humanization Design of 2 adjustable snaps closure, which are suitable for different baby’s size as your baby grows. And our Bibs...
- ❤ Unisex Style and Colourful Pattern ❤ Lovely and Unisex design, both boys and girls are fit to wear. And our bibs would be a cool and fashion clothing accessories for...
Better than a bib are 8, right? Not only to alternate while cleaning each other after eating, but also to combine them with the clothes of the child this pack is very convenient. It is even a good gift for a newborn. These have a waterproof plastic coating coated with two cotton and comfortable velcro closure for adjustment.
7. Newthinking Girl Baby Bibs
- Soft Organic & Absorbent Material: Front is 100% soft organic cotton, back is polyester fleece for absorbency. Protect & keep your drooly teething baby dry from all dribble...
- Adjustable and High-Quality Snaps: Each baby bandana bibs comes with 2 plastic snaps which prevent any risk of allergic reactions to baby's sensitive skin. The drool bibs are...
- 10 Pack Stylish Modern Design: A variety set including 10 different patterns of baby bandana drool bibs, which not only helps to keep mommy's drooly teething baby dry and neat...
- A Must-Have for Each Parent: Every new Mom-to-be or Dad-to-be will fall in love with this considerate gift as it not only helps them to take better care of their little one...
This 10 piece set is made from 100% soft cotton so you know that only the best is on your baby’s skin. The bibs are fitted with a press stud which prevents them from being torn off and they can be adjusted between sizes thanks to the two different press stud lengths.
Critics love the mixed models on these and have used them for newborns up to 3 years old kids who are still drooling. Some say it may be a little big for younger babies, but they will be practical well past their first birthday.
8. Waterproof Bibs 3-24 mounths
- 3-layer bibs designed for babies from 3-24 months
- Pure premium cotton front and back sides are super-soft and gentle on tender young skin
- The water barrier lining keeps messes and moisture from the baby's clothes
- Sofe hook-and-loop closure for easy dressing and a stay-put fit
If you do not like to be opening and closing buttons or tying ties, this bib can serve you. It has a very practical elastic neck to put it on and take it off easily with the baby. Its size is convenient to prevent spills even in the belly, shoulders and chest. It can be washed in the washing machine and dried in the dryer.
For the health and hygiene of the little one, do not forget to always change the bib after eating. This will prevent moisture from getting on your skin and irritating it. Even for those who go shopping, to last longer clean them immediately after using them. Fruits, formulas and some vegetables can leave stains that will not be removed if you do not clean them at the time.
What is baby bib?
The bib is worn around the child’s neck, hanging over the chest.
It is so named because its primary function is to trim “drool,” that is, to protect the chest and under clothing from baby’s saliva and food spilled by accident during meals.
Generally made of fabric, waterproof materials, or silicone, bibs generally have adjustments and closures through snap buttons, velcro, or ties.
There are some versions that have pockets at the base, which serve to accumulate crumbs and other spilled particles, in addition to keeping the baby’s legs and the surrounding floor clean.
The bib is one of the first items on a baby’s trousseau list. Whether for use in breastfeeding, introducing soups and baby food, or solid food, the bib is a great ally to keep baby clean and dry, preventing moisture from coming into contact with the baby’s chest and changing the unnecessary clothing.
Bibs are available in a variety of designs, colours and patterns, as well as in various price ranges. This is good because surely your trousseau will need more than one steering wheel to take turns: while some wash and dry others are ready to use.
Advantages of using a baby bib
When small babies eat, it is normal for them to throw away some slime or leftover food drops. For those moments a bib is necessary as a piece of fabric able to protect the clothes of the parents and the baby’s spots and contacts that can dirty them.
Types of bibs
- Feeding bibs: They are large and easy to put on and take off with a brooch because they are used only for lunchtime. They can also include an open pocket so that the food that falls does not touch the ground and keep everything clean and collected.
- Baba bibs: They are smaller to be more comfortable because their function is to wear all day to prevent the drool from staining clothes for many hours.
- Long sleeve bib or blouse: They are very useful for when the child begins to eat alone. This model covers not only the chest but also the arms and a large part of the body.
What to look for in a baby bib?
Space for the neck
The correct fit requires that you do not tighten under the chin or be too short to protect clothing. If your child was born a little overweight better not go for a newborn but for a larger one.
A large bib style is not only better for large children but also to protect clothing from stains. These can be so large that they cover the entire torso.
It is useful to have a bib that can be folded compactly to carry it in a diaper case when you go out for a walk.
Ease of cleaning bib
No one wants to hand wash baby drool and vomit so be sure to buy a fabric that is quick-cleaning or machine-washed.
That the bib can fit perfectly is a great help for the time of the meal, which by itself can be full of tears and disasters. Choose an easy model to remove and put and collect all the remains very well.
A tight or irritating bib will only let you out your baby jump in tears, so comfort goes through the fabric and design.
Choosing fun colours or your favourite dolls is a way to put enthusiasm in every meal.
To prevent dirt from sticking it is better to go for silicone, plastic or polyester bibs.
The hard pockets serve as small trays that collect leftovers.
The velcro can be easy to put on, but also to remove so to prevent the child from getting the handkerchief better go for a more firm and complex brooch.
Portability and storage
The harder and more firm the bib is, the more difficult it will be to keep it so that better to choose a flexible model and, in the other case, you must have an adequate space to store it without losing shape.
How to wear baby bib?
It is not a complicated thing, but to take into account the purchase we have made, we must also follow the appropriate steps. Thus, we will make good use of bibs. To try to make them last longer, it is best to read their label that will give us great clues. After that, the first important step is to adjust it on the baby. In this case, we must always take into account the closure system, but the bib should not be too tight or loose since the food could get into the child’s clothes.
Some of the closure systems offer us options to adjust the width of the bib. We want it to cover the large part of the body, so if it is a press stud, they will always leave us about four or five centimetres as a margin. If the bib is plastic and has a front pocket for food collection, we must be careful. They can be a little heavier, making them uncomfortable for babies.
So in broad strokes to use the bibs we must always check that it is the size of our children. We will review the closure system, the measurement of the neck as well as the length of the baby bib so that it covers clothes well. Then, we will check that it does not weigh and we will take into account the cleaning of it so that it can be kept in the best conditions.