If you are an artist, a major dilemma is the choice of artist paint brushes. For art painting, each technique involves choosing different brushes, discriminated according to their hair, their handle, the type of point, the shape, the weight or their size.
Our pick for best artist paint brushes?
Some brushes recommended for painting professionals and those who venture into this form of art must meet the following premises:
Comfort: Corresponds to the ability to be handled without creating pain between your fingers.
Quality: They must be elaborated in optimal materials and of great duration.
Variety: There are presentations on the market that you can buy with different alternatives for the layout.Royal Gold Paint Brushes RSET-GTF
Assorted and varied.
Paint Brushes – 15 Pc Art Brush Set
- PAINT BRUSH SET - 15 Synthetic Art Paintbrushes for Acrylic, Oil, Watercolor, Gouache, Plein Air & Face Painting
- FREE BLACK HOLDER - Converts to Pop-up Stand - Convenient for Travel, Drying & Easy Access While Painting.
- RICH VARIETY - Luxurious Brush Selection - Fan, Filbert, Shader, Bright, Flat, Angle, Round & Rigger.
- RAZEREDGES™ - Anti-shedding Synthetic Hair That Comes to a Fine Razor Edge.
An elegant model with great practicality thanks to its nylon case that will allow you to take them wherever you go. It brings about 15 variations in sizes and arrangement of its bristles to draw, work in angles, nuance and other interesting effects to paint acrylic, oil, watercolour and gouache.
Set of Da Vinci Brushes
- Set contents 5 brushes including soap, painting cloth and a special rest for brushes
- Box offer safe handling of your valuable painting tools
- A foam rubber support holds the brushes when the box is closed keeping the brush hairs protected
- Perfect drying of the wet hair is guaranteed by the airholes in the cover
Do you want to give a memorable gift to a lover of painting? This is the ideal option! Although its appearance is simple, for its wooden storage box with a natural finish, it has the basic elements for the development of this activity: 4 watercolour brushes and a piece of soap.
Artify 38 Pcs Paint Brushes Art Set
- WIDE RANGING SIZES IN FLAT AND ROUND - Our collection of brushes offer a variety of sizes to choose from both Flat and Round. Whether you’re applying minor details or large...
- NATURAL AND SYNTHETIC HAIRS - Each type of brush is made from different hairs including Hog, Pony & traditional Nylon. Our natural hairs are extremely elastic and durable...
- UNIQUE CANVAS WRAP - When you’re ready to start painting, simply fold out the canvas wrap and you’re good to go! Our portable canvas wrap is stylish, light and flexible...
- PAINT COVERED HANDLES - Each brush handle is coated with lacquer to help you maintain a firm grip while you work. The additional oil paint coating helps the handles maintain...
This brand brings us some cheap artist brushes, the excellent relationship between quality and price. It has a wide variety of shapes for flat and round strokes in different sizes, which make a total of 38 units. Its synthetic hair strands support continuous work. It comes in a cloth case.
Brushes Art Supply Central
- Don't Settle For Cheap, One Time Use, Mass Produced Artist Paintbrushes. Invest Once in a Quality Set That Will Last a Lifetime. Beautiful, Hand Crafted, 14 Piece Set, Shed...
- Stellar 4.7 out of 5 STAR REVIEWS for our Artist Paint Brushes from over 350 happy UK, EU & USA Amazon buyers. Packaged in a Stylish Holder and Sturdy Artist Brush Case for...
- UK Based Company for Top of the range Art & Craft Supplies: Set of 13 Handmade, Premium Quality Paintbrushes, Flat, Round, Fan & Filbert. Soft as Sable, Superior Feel &...
- Elegant, Long, Smooth, Beech Handles & Tightly Secured, Seamlessly fitted Aluminium Ferrules. For Ease of Use Artists Brushes also have Colour Coded Handles: 6x Synthetic...
The true experts in the elaboration of paintings and who attend to every detail will know how to recognize the added value of these brushes. There are 14 pieces made by hand, with a strong and durable structure between synthetic material and natural hair. The fan, round, hazel and fine shapes reach impressive results.
15 Pieces Artist Brush Set Mudder
- 15 Pieces art brushes set, includes round, flat, angled, filbert, liner, fan brushes for different demands
- Soft synthetic nylon hair brushes with good liquid holding capacity
- Suitable for oil painting, watercolour, acrylic paint and face painting
- Smooth short handle with secure copper ferrules
Arranged in a case with velcro closure comes this set of low-cost brushes, the cheapest of this comparison. In addition to the 15 tools with assorted shapes, a small paddle blade and a sponge are included to achieve quality finishes on your canvases.
What to consider when choosing artist paint brushes?
When looking for a set of brushes, either to replace old ones or acquire new ones, you should evaluate their parts, classified as follows:
Each part of a brush fulfils a specific function, and we can subdivide it into:
- Bristles: They are the strands of hair that make up the tip of the brush, and that retain the water well as well as the paint to apply it on a canvas, and that they will be thick or thin.
- Virola: It is the clamp that serves to join the bristles with the handle of the brush. They are usually made of moldable metal.
- Crimp to pressure: It is the part of the ferrule that is sealed under pressure to ensure each sow and minimize the chances that these are released.
- Handle: It can be made in wood, in its most classic form, as well as in plastic and even in metal.
The paintbrush comes with different shapes, this with the purpose of causing a distinctive effect in each stroke. Between them we have:
- Round: They can be thick or thin, to work on great detail projects or apply final touches.
- Plane: This shape helps to reach edges and create more straight lines created by pulse. Both in oily and acrylic paints.
- Brilliant: The strands of this type of brush are shorter than the flat ones, although they are often confused. They work in minor jobs or fast execution.
- Countersunk: With a flat shape but semicircular cut in each sow, this brush will contribute to the realization of perfect works in different paintings.
- Fan: The distinctive look enhances the entire set, with a shape that resembles a small brush. It allows the creation of waves or a blurred effect with great ease.
Some brushes demarcate from the rest with particular forms, such as:
- Hake: Asian artists often use them to create their most representative works.
- Girdle: Incorporate a large number of bristles together to create large-scale works, such as murals and canvases of larger dimensions.
- Dagger: Its shape resembles a blade for delicate, smooth and fast strokes, creating almost imperceptible lines.
You must choose that brush with which you are most comfortable to work, observing its dimensions in terms of:
- Length: A long handle produces loose traces, and the short ones serve to secure details.
- Diameter: The marks made with the paint will be related to the thickness of the brush.
- Width: Choose a model that fits your hands and your grip capacity for a long time.
Some tips on how to care for your brushes
Follow these tips to enjoy this product for much longer:
- Clean your brush immediately after use: Do not let the paint dry on them. They will lose their smoothness and effectiveness.
- Between the painting session, clean your brush with a brush cleaner, soapy water or shampoo: Gently remove any remaining paint without using abrasive products that could damage it.
- Try to clean only the base of the bristles: This is the area of the greatest accumulation of paint, therefore, should not be neglected in its maintenance.
- Never store your brushes vertically in water or solvent: By filling your brush internally with water, you will be weakening the grip of the metal ferrule, which would allow your bristles to be detached. It could also damage the handle with moisture.
- Store clean brushes vertically upside down or horizontally: This will prevent drips that may compromise its structure.