Everyone wants those perfect abs, but with so many abs machines claiming to give you perfect abs with little effort, it can be hard to know where to start, and even harder to find the best model that will do the work.
To make it easier for you, let’s take a closer look at what you need to know before buying an abs machine.
We also took a close look at some of the most popular abs machines on the market today to see how these machines stand out from the crowd – and see if they can really make a difference.
What is the best abs machine?
Something that no salesperson is going to tell you is that you have to look for an abs machine that allows you to strengthen your entire muscular centre and not just your abs. That is, it must offer a full range of motion so you can exercise upper abdominals, oblique and intercostal muscles. With that full contraction and stretch, you’ll have gym results at home.
It must also be an ergonomic machine that allows you to adjust the height because, otherwise, it can cause discomfort and injury if you use it at an inappropriate height for you. Besides, look for it to be durable materials, that can support your weight and that is easy to store when you do not use it. That’s why a folding model is always good, made with metal or resistant plastics.
And if you are looking for low prices, we recommend you check the following list and always look for a balance between price and quality before buying.
Dripex 6 in 1 Core Smart Abs Trainer
Convenient and convenient
- 【6 in 1 Exercises】- Sit-up, Push-up, Bicycling, Triceps, Scissor Kicks, Forearm & Biceps. It replaces 6 resistance gym equipment PLUS cardio to give you the total body workout from the comfort of your own home
- 【Unique Design】- It comes with 4 arms that can provide double comfy protection. High quality PU cushion, broad shoulder holder and anti- slip feet for comfortable exercising to anyone
- 【Provides Total Body Training】- Target a variety of muscle groups, including your upper, middle and lower ABS and obliques, thighs, gluts, calves, forearms, triceps and biceps
A convenient model that is comfortable enough not to force you too much neck, back and shoulders. It also helps you maintain a correct body position and allows cardiovascular exercise. It supports 150 kg and has an height.
Pro Smart HT abs machine
For complete exercises
We recommend buying this device because it offers different inclinations to work legs, buttocks and arms and has a timer and calories burned to keep track of your routines and progress. Easy to save and install.
Apolyne Circular Abs Machine
For a versatile workout
- ABDOMEN, LEGS, BUTTOCKS - The training device "Fitmaxx 5" trains the whole body. Due to the special training especially belly, legs and buttocks are trained. Tell the kilos to fight and train for strength or endurance.
- FOR HOME - Sports equipment is often bulky and takes up a lot of space. The "Fitmaxx 5" fitness equipment can be folded to save space and stowed away perfectly in the home. The perfect exercise bike for home!
- FOR THE DREAMFIGURE - Many people are denied access to professional fitness equipment or choose to go to the gym. "Fitmaxx 5" is suitable for beginners and for professionals and brings perfect workouts.
This is a circular model with the complete rotation of 360º and that offers 3 levels of resistance so that advances in stages. It comes equipped with a counter, is easy to install and has high resistance.
SportPlus Abs Machine
Comfort and high quality
- FLEXIBLE KNEE SUPPORT: Effective training for straight and oblique abdominal muscles. Targeted training of the lateral abdominal muscles thanks to swivelling knee support.
- TRAINING LEVELS: The abdominal trainer has 3 difficulty levels. The flatter the trainer, the lower the resistance. So everyone can train the abdominal muscles specifically.
- TRAINING COMPUTER: The computer with LCD display informs about training time, number of repetitions and approximate calorie consumption. So you can track your training progress.
A vertical machine of the brand capable of holding up to 100 kg of weight thanks to its steel bench. It is also quite comfortable and ergonomic and also works for sit-ups, backs, legs, glutes and more.
Ultrasport Abs Machine
Foldable and versatile
- Training for back, arm, hips, tummy, bum and leg combined in one exercise
- Combine cardio training and muscle build-up
- Burn fat and at the same time tone the body
Highly recommended for how versatile and complete it is, since it works back, legs, hips and arms, not just sit-ups. It allows cardiovascular training and burn fat, gives training by levels and has an LCD screen with a counter.
Belly Multitrainer Machine with Multifunction CAPITAL SPORTS
The most ergonomic option
- Sixpack ab trainer for a defined core | Trains middle and lower abs, biceps, triceps, back and shoulders | Space-saving fitness device for at-home use
- Suitable for beginners, advanced, and professionals | Easy-to-use and suitable for effective completmentary training
- Stable & robust: powder-coated steel | Elastic pull cables | Pivoting back rest
This is a folding model that works perfectly for both beginners and professionals. It is robust due to its construction with pulverized steel, it has a rotating seat and flexible straps for chest exercises. It is adjustable in intensity.
Benefits of abs strength
Commonly the main motivation of abdominal work is aesthetic, but developing the strength of the abdomen and the entire centre or core of the body, keeps us healthy and in good spirits.
The abdomen supports the weight of the torso and the head and connects us with the lower part of the body, so having toned abdominal muscles prevents diseases and improves physical and mental functioning and physical and mental well-being.
Prevents and relieves back pain
The abdominal weakness forces the back to support all the weight and work dynamics, which can cause pain and tension. A strong abdomen will hold the torso and prevent muscle fatigue and other lower back injuries.
Corrects body posture
A weak abdomen is stooping the back due to the absence of support that keeps the axis of the column aligned. The opposite happens when the abdominal area is strengthened.
Develop functional strength
Daily tasks like adjusting the shoes or lifting something from the ground force us to execute certain movements that can cause pain and injuries to those who have a weak nucleus.
Improves sports performance
Any sports practice needs a strong core and can remain stable while promoting the action of other parts of the body, which improves performance in any physical activity.
Better body balance
We need to balance the body weight when we are walking, sitting or standing; and a strong and flexible abdomen will be the basis of balance to avoid falls or minimize their consequences.
How to train your abs with the help of a machine?
Choosing the right abs machine means knowing how to select the right material for your practice objective. It is generally foldable and small equipment, which allows it to be transported without worry, even on vacation. It is easy to use and promotes comfort during exercise. You can also opt for a bench for foldable ab or a lumbar bench to do your exercises while doing them with the right posture.
There are two ways to work the abs. The dynamic work (bust measurement) which aims to draw the abs, and the static work (sheathing work) which tones the deep muscles (muscles which maintain the viscera) and which protects the lumbar.
This type of weight machine makes it easier to do the crunch-abs. This is the main exercise for the abs. It is normally done at body weight, without a machine, but beginners will benefit from using a rocker, especially if they are overweight.
There are cheap abs machines that help preserve your back. This is the case of this THANE model, the THANE WonderCore Smart, a small simple and foldable device.
A confirmed sportsman will orient himself more easily towards the sports equipment for abdominal plank style, in order to carry out work in-depth on the ab belt. The movement is carried out by raising the bust.
The feet are held in place by foam tubes to ensure stability and security during exercise. The board offers a greater range of motion. It is possible to adjust the working angle in order to intensify the effort.
On the other hand, if you do push-ups, you also muscle your abs, and an impressive amount of exercise makes these muscles work effectively.
Strengthening your abs is a very good thing. Not only because they will give a much more aesthetic appearance to your belly but also will serve to maintain the digestive organs, which will aim to guarantee their proper functioning.
Crunch is the main exercise to strengthen the abs. It can replace an ab toning belt or a simple weight bench if you don’t have these two devices at home.
The crunch is done at bodyweight but you can completely ballast yourself if you find that the exercise is too simple. It will then be enough to ballast you with weight in order to make the exercise more difficult and therefore profitable for you.
What you should look for when buying abs machine?
Before buying, consider that it has the right size; and that can be adjusted to increase the demand and resistance of work. This will make it easier to choose the type of abs machine that combines with you.
Muscle stimulation is the goal of any machine, but there are many teams to meet different training styles or user preferences. Let’s see the most common options.
- Banks: Common in gyms, they are a good and versatile platform to work abdomen, legs, arms, chest, back and more. Be careful that it is adjustable and you can change the resistance.
- Ab Rollers: It gives incredible results and it seems like a simple team to work at home; however, they are not as recommendable for beginners due to the strength that should be printed to the movement.
- Ab Glider: They vary in form and design, but they fulfil the same function to execute the movement. Useful for beginners, they also provide obvious results in more trained bodies.
- Roman chairs: They work the lower back and allow hyperextension of the abdomen and the entire core, as well as buttocks and hamstring muscles, those that extend on the back of the legs.
- Ab chairs: Designed to support beginners, people with some injury or a lot of abdominal weakness, offer support to the back to facilitate training; however, someone with a strong core will hardly feel muscle stimulation.
- Energy Tower: A useful training station to strengthen the upper body, forces the abdomen to work intensely to raise the weight of the legs, and much more can be done.
To see the changes that muscular work brings, it is important to choose an abs machine that stimulates all the muscle groups that make up the core, in an intensive and adjustable way and, above all, provide stability to do the job correctly and symmetrically.
A good abs machine should be versatile and allow the adjustment of its characteristics to take advantage of muscular work and see quick results.
It is convenient to choose a team that can be adjusted in size, speed, resistance or strength, to increase the intensity and the result obtained with muscle work.
Some abs machines have the advantage of being portable, and being able to move them allows you to do the muscular work in the place that best fits the daily dynamics.
It is a considerable element if you have little space. Verify that the abs machine fits perfectly in the place where you plan to locate it.
If you need to travel or move the abs machine, check the weight and consider if it is the most suitable machine for your lifestyle and training.