Looking for the best TSA luggage lock? When traveling, you can’t always trust the security locks built into the suitcases.
They’re not very strong, and they don’t stop a lot of people from getting into your stuff. This is why you must reinforce these locks with one of the best TSA luggage locks.
These locks are TSA approved, resistant, durable and ensure that your private things remain private. Another good aspect of these padlocks is that they come in an assortment of colours. You can mix and match or complement the colours of your luggage.
Just keep reading my article to learn more about TSA luggage locks and how they work.
What is the best luggage lock?
And our team is dedicated to researching the best market models to talk to you not only about the safest and recommended, but also the most economical so you can save some money. But before looking at our comparative list, we’re going to show you a couple of things you should know before buying one:
- There are keys, which do not require keys that can be lost but are not so cheap. There are also keys, which are quite safe and work in almost any type of suitcase.
- Functionality: apart from the type of padlock, you must make sure that you can protect your luggage correctly against hammering or thief grabs.
- Durability is essential, especially if you travel a lot for work or fun.
- Remember that handling a complicated lock in the hustle and bustle of an airport is uncomfortable. That’s why it should be convenient and easy to manipulate.
Travelsentry 3-Dial combo lock
We are talking about an excellent combo with combination padlock approved by the TSA and with three dials, which also includes a 1-meter stainless steel cable. It makes it very versatile because you can secure your bags to fixed objects or other luggage.
TSA luggage locks TravelMore
This multifunction model is available in a package of 4 units, and all are with a key. Apart from that, they are accepted by the TSA and have search alert, so if an agent came to inspect your luggage, the red dot would be visible. It is compact.
Master Lock 4688d luggage lock
This brand specialises in high-quality padlocks, such as this model accepted by the TSA, available in blue or red and with a 3-dial combination lock system. It is resistant because it is made of steel and the bolt is made of cable, making it versatile.
Pacsafe 750 TSA Padlock
They do not work with a key or a key but come with a magnetic security card for blocking. They are sold in double presentation and are approved by the TSA. The users indicate that they are easy to use and, despite being small, they are robust and resistant.
TRIXES 4 x TSA Combination Padlocks
It is a multifunction model that serves both for luggage when flying, as for your school locker or gym, so forget the massive and annoying chains. They are approved by the TSA, difficult to violate by its system of 4 dials and come in various colours.
Should I lock my luggage?
If someone really wants to open your luggage, nothing will stop him. Luggage locks are not made to prevent someone from stealing your luggage or your stuff.
The best luggage lock is useful for preventing the airline employee from opening your bags too easily and stealing your valuables, which unfortunately happens more often than you might think.
In addition, it makes someone think twice before opening your suitcase and flying. Hopefully it won’t happen to you, because it’s more complicated with good locks.
Benefits of using luggage lock
There was a time when you didn’t have to worry about locking a lot of things. One of them was in your house. But times and people have changed. It is now more important than ever to make sure that the contents of your suitcase are safe. Here are some tips to remind you why you should use a good travel lock:
- Alerts – they notify you when someone has opened your bags. You can double-check before leaving the airport and make a claim immediately.
- Keep Others Honest – Bag inspectors and handlers aren’t the only ones who want to know what’s in your luggage.
- Keep your children safe- you valuables from your young children who love to explore suitcases.
- Baggage inspectors – these officers are not always honest. The majority are, but there will always be someone who will search your luggage to see what they can take.
- Fallen luggage – if your bags are dropped, these locks will keep the contents inside where it is located.
- Peace of mind – you can relax knowing that your content is secure enough and that nobody can get in too easily.
- Baggage Handlers – There is no doubt that the best opportunity and the safest place to open your luggage and take your valuables. Good baggage locks deter these employees.